Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually sort of alarmed by a hair gel that could keep hair in place for days including after swimming. I get it, no one uses it every day, but yikes. Kind of makes you wonder what's in it!

In reading this thread, didn't see anyone post this. From the moms panel blog in May.

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...idi-boutique-gone-natural-uses-little-340015/

I am assuming the changes may have occurred when changing to the Original Sprout products they mention. We don't do all organic foods or products or anything, but I do research hair products and soaps quite a bit to avoid parabens when possible. I'm not nuts about it, but for stuff we use every day, I try to stay away from certain things. We actually use Sprout at home and I love their stuff but then again I'm not doing BBB-style princess buns regularly

Paraben-free products are the latest trend. Parabens prevent microbial growth and are present in TONS of beauty products. Parabens are also (allegedly) endocrine disrupters and linked to various health implications. Many salons are switching to less toxic paraben-free products. Everything has "chemicals," even organic products. It's more about less toxicity, but I digress.

IMO, this is probably mostly about Disney getting lots of questions about parabens in the products because they use them on little kids. It's not just super all natural/organic fanatics who have become aware of parabens. It's a relatively common question now -- especially since mainstream beauty brands are now offering paraben-free options. There's sort of a paraben-free craze going on right now.
If we did BBB daily, sure it's a thing to worry about. Once. No. Not even a blip on the radar.
Yet more much ado about nothing that I'm fed up with these days

Went back to read the post and I believe yet again, the Mom's panel got it wrong. From reports of guests who went and got it done, they use NO gel at all. Not in FL at least. I think CA is using a different process/product line. I know someone who went and their daughter's hair was horrendous just a couple hours after the appointment.

The only reason the old gel kept the hair in place when swimming is because you didn't touch it. As soon as you tried to get it out, took the hair down and ran your hands in it, it came right out. It was water soluble. It didn't leave residue.

Why do you 'style' a child's hair every day?

Bottom right photo - how could you miss the heavy eyeshadow?
We define heavy different but I had a DD who danced competitively starting at age 6

And not who you quoted but DGD9 gets her hair styled every day. I don't think it's that unusual. DD runs a hot brush through hers. Sort of like a flat iron without the iron part. Does the same thing, smooths it out, leaves it less prone to tangles so she looks more human at the end of the day

I still fail to understand why Disney can't offer both option, with or without product. For those that are so overly worried about whatever it they overly worry about. Some of these folks are going to age themselves well before their years stressing over all this when their kids are so little. Just wait till ya got real things to worry about

Well this is disappointing to hear. My DD has done BBB twice in the past and was looking forward to going again our 2018 trip. She has very fine hair and there is no way it will stay in place without gel/hair spray. I wonder if it's even worth spending the money on? :(

I know I am in the minority but I actually really like the new look more then the old version. We did BBB when DD7 was 3, she did enjoyed it but she is a bit of a tomboy and prefers the Pirates League (she takes after her Mom who always preferred dirt and worms lol). She was extremely upset in no time about her hair hurting. We had a 9am appt and she begged me to take it out that afternoon. She dances and is used to having updo's for dance. We can't wait to take DD2 who is more into dressing up like a princess but she won't be 3 until a month after our next trip, so it will have to wait for another trip. Based on the photo's I have seen I am still going to do it for sure, only thing is next time I promised DD7 she can get a Knight makeover;)

I do think it's ashamed they can't offer a natural look and a glam look so people can make their own choice.

We define heavy different but I had a DD who danced competitively starting at age 6

And not who you quoted but DGD9 gets her hair styled every day. I don't think it's that unusual. DD runs a hot brush through hers. Sort of like a flat iron without the iron part. Does the same thing, smooths it out, leaves it less prone to tangles so she looks more human at the end of the day

I still fail to understand why Disney can't offer both option, with or without product. For those that are so overly worried about whatever it they overly worry about. Some of these folks are going to age themselves well before their years stressing over all this when their kids are so little. Just wait till ya got real things to worry about

But does your daughter go out in normal life with stage makeup on? Both of my daughters competed - one on ice, which means you have to have so much eye and lip makeup on to reach the judges up on the judging platform from down the rink - and that would not be appropriate to wear just out and about, unless you were trying to compete with the ugly stepsisters?

Running a hot brush through the hair isn't 'styling' IMO - blow drying, using a hair product, setting with curlers, then spray is styling. The stuff that makes the hair do something it doesn't do normally - styling. Brushing hair is just brushing hair, whether with a cold or hot brush. So I guess we have different definitions of that too.

We have a bbb appointment for my dd's 10th bday there. We hage never been to wdw before. But I would assume the parent has a bit of say so in what and how the makeup and style is done...at least I would want to. But then again...its a special day, special time, something not done daily. I am still looking forward to it. She is getting hair, makeup and nails done. Every pic I have seen of little girls done up at BBB looked so cute. After all, I see this as dress up for the day. :-)

We have a bbb appointment for my dd's 10th bday there. We hage never been to wdw before. But I would assume the parent has a bit of say so in what and how the makeup and style is done...at least I would want to. But then again...its a special day, special time, something not done daily. I am still looking forward to it. She is getting hair, makeup and nails done. Every pic I have seen of little girls done up at BBB looked so cute. After all, I see this as dress up for the day. :-)
The kids and parents who have never been before will definitely see the new styles with a different eye. I am have a very hard time with them. I wish I could say otherwise but I saw them over and over again on the trip we just returned from and truthfully, did not see a single 1 of the original, classic princess up do style that looked good to me. It's that awful bun thing. Maybe there aren't many FGMIT that can put them in well? They had all mastered the old style bun. I couldn't help but compare it to the prior version in my mind. That's what I expect to see and to see something else was just a shock (not quite the right word but the only one I can find right now).
I do like the version they are doing with the bright color clip ins now. Ours was slightly different than the ones I saw this week and I think I like the newer version better.

On the upside......they now give you a little travel size shampoo with your take home bag. I think I'd rather have them provide a travel size hairspray to choose to use or not to keep the style in!

I can't remember, did anyone ever get a photo of the new style flyer they give to the girls?

I don't know how to link other threads but there is one titled BBB 2017 Hairstyles that has a post of the pamphlet
Thanks, I'll go find it. I want to compare the pics there with what I saw in the parks, while they are fresh in my mind. See how they came out in real life

ETA - I found it. The end results do tend to fall short of the photos. Sort of like how the product you get at fast food never quite look like the photo of the product on the menu.
The one that seems to run the best overall is the Color Star. I like the changes made to this one overall. I saw several with it and it always looked good.
The worse of the bunch, Disney Diva. Shudder, that one, poor things, was just pitiful. The bun poofy thing can't hold up the hairpiece they attach. The bun poofy thing has a hard enough time staying attached as it is, when they stick that hair color part to it, it just make it more uneven. And something about the natural color hair sticking out of the top of the colored tendrils, just seems all out of place. The older version that attached to the top of the bun and covered it was better and worked overall better. It was the look DGD picked when she did BBB the first time at 3. Not my favorite but cute enough.
The new Princess one, well, it's the one that just can't hold up to Florida heat and kids and theme park activities. Not without products. And well, the other issues with the poof and the majority of kids. It just too big for most of them.

Last edited:
It will definitely be interesting to see the difference in November. DD has done this every year on our yearly trip since she was 3 (now 9!) so she's had many of the different styles.

I'm glad I read this thread. We just booked a trip for April and I was considering this as a treat for my daughter. I've mastered the bun since she dances. I think I will just bring supplies and her princess dress/crown and do it myself. :)

I'm glad I read this thread. We just booked a trip for April and I was considering this as a treat for my daughter. I've mastered the bun since she dances. I think I will just bring supplies and her princess dress/crown and do it myself. :)

I just did the bun this weekend! We still do the BBB each trip but I do the bun myself during our trips as well. I even have a gel mixed with glitter. You can also stop by castle couture to have them "pixie dusted" for free.

Attachments

• ariabun.jpg
    ariabun.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 75
Did anyone happen to see if they are doing the Minnie Halloween package??? Or possibly have pics of the dress if so

I noticed how few girls I saw with BBB hair on our trip at the beginning of September compared to other years.
I'm wondering if they have seen decreased sales.

This has been interesting. We have an appointmetment for our DGDs in 34 days. I'll report back after that.

I didn't see anyone else answer this, but no, you don't really get a say as the parent. They have the styles to choose from, and that's what you get. I do think my DD got to choose between a couple colors on the makeup palette.

My daughters hair style did not last as long this time compared to our last trip. She did enjoy the experience though. We always bring our own dress.

They used a gel but it was not the same thick gooey gel she had two years ago.

I wish they gave parents the option of having a stronger hold (gel, hairspray) used. As much as we're paying for this look, I'd absolutely prefer having products used that would extend the length of the style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!