Birkenstock sandels

SRRN

Mouseketeer
Has anyone wore Birkenstock sandels for all their trip? Did you have any problems? I'm trying to decide between them and my Reebok sneakers,although I'll bring both.

I wore only birkies on our last 3 trips. After wearing them, I couldn't even fathom putting on tennis shoes. Your feet will be alot cooler in them too. We're going again in Dec. and even tho the weather is sometimes cooler, the birkies {and some socks} are coming along[even if it looks funny]!

I would recommend something waterproof. I have Birkenstock-type sandals that did ok in the rain (no blisters), but your feet stay wet longer, and you might not want to ruin your Birks.

I personally can't wear my Birkies all day at WDW. I wore them some this trip but found that I was more comfortable in my Reboks with all the walking.

I have two pairs of Birkenstock sandals. I know I am in the minority, but they hurt my feet. I would go with the sneakers. New Balance would be my choice. I would't last all day in my Birks. Take both and switch off. Have fun.

I have three pairs of Birkies and LOVE them. However, even though they are SOOOO comfortable on my feet, I find they don't offer enough support for days at WDW. They soles are not padded enough to keep my back happy with all that walking. I don't like wearing sneakers, but always take two pair of sneakers and sandals for WDW. I altenate and that seems to work well.

We returned from a week-long trip on October 18th. I wore tennis shoes for the first two days and my feet (toes in particular) were killing me. I bore my birkenstocks only because the toe area is more roomy and just figured I'd have to take it slow, and hoped it would not be a big problem. I forgot about my feet and shoes! I guess it depends on the type of sneakers and your own feet, but for me the birkenstocks were much more comfortable. To be honest, alternating is not a bad idea, either, as that is what I plan to do on our next trip.

I have a friend who has to be told not to wear her Birks. She omly wears sneakersi f it's raining really hard or she has to work with chemicals in the chem labs. She claims that when it's just sprinkling or raining slightly, her feet dry faster than if it she wore soaked socks and sneakers.
Otherwise she goes Birki's everywhere. I know for a fact she wore them on trips to Disneyworld.
If you are like her and really don't bother with other kinds of shoes, wear your birks. If you do bring a different pair of shoes, make sure they're broken in.
Oh, and no, she wears sneakers at the Gym. And formal occasions when I make her wear dress shoes. :)

i only wear sandals..not in just the summer..all year, even in the winter! I plan on wearing my sandals..plus i hate squishy sneakers after a water ride...but they arent birks.

I took a pair to WDW just a couple weeks ago and they killed my arches. I had worn them for months prior to going to WDW to break them in and they felt fine. I wore them for 8 hours at MNSSHP and my arches even hurt the next day. I guess some can wear them and some can't.

I'm bringing my birks as well as my Land's End "All Weather Mocs". The mocs have been great- I've had them for several weeks and little "breaking in" was required- I think they'll do nicely! I plan on birks in the a.m./ and a midday switch to the mocs. Hope our feet are happy! :)

hopskip,

I think you summed it up perfectly-the mid day switch! Actually,I'll probably wear walking shoes at the theme parks and switch to the Birenstock's after hours and when we're visiting Cocoa Beach.Thanks for ALL your great responses!:wave: :wave: :wave:

I bring black Birks, tan Birks, sneakers, and usually wear a pair of Birk clogs. I found myself wearing the Birk snadals last trip most of the time...I don't think I put on the sneakers more than once.

I do think it's good to have a couple of different pairs of shoes/sandals to change into during the course of the day. Usually what I do is wear one pair to the parks, then we come home, change for the evening, and I change shoes.

Originally posted by SRRN
Has anyone wore Birkenstock sandals for all their trip? Did you have any problems? I'm trying to decide between them and my Reebok sneakers,although I'll bring both.

I wear my Birk's every trip i take. They are the most comfortable sandals/ shoes i own!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter