Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2010 Guide Book Coupons

jjameson

Earning My Ears
HI All,
So my DH and I our planning our first Disney World after many Disneyland trips. I already purchased and read the Unofficial Guide to WDW and loved it but I heard that the Birnbaum's guide book has coupons. So my question is oes anyone know what coupons? Our local bookstore doesn't carry it and we can't find a list anywhere. So I thought that someone might have one already and would be willing to post what they are for. I heard there's a 15% of parasailing, which would more than cover the cost of the book, since we are planning on parasailing.
Thanks for your help.
Hope you are having a magical day.

I don't know what coupons are in the book, but when I booked my package through Disney travel it included that coupon so you may not need the one out of the book. I loved that book the first time we bought it years ago, but when I picked it up at Barnes and Noble I noticed an error about AKL and it made me nervous if anything else might be wrong.

I don't know exaclty what the current years coupons are for but for the most part in the past they have been things like: free souvenier if you stop at the Disney welcome center on I4 (its now closed), save 15% at planet hollywood downtown, a rainforest cafe coupon maybe 10%, and then some coupons for other offsite things. There may be 8-10 coupons total but none have ever had a significant discount/value. I have never used the coupons and find them useless to most visitors, if you book at WDW vacation package you get coupons included in your welcome kit that are much more valuable.

I don't buy Birnbaums anylonger (I know all the flowery happy advertise for Disney stuff/make them look perfect) stuff they write about but I can check my older versions when I get home and let you know tomorrow exaclty what they were.

Jimham4: for the most part they are relatively accurate, not nearly as off base as some of the other less popular guides but they do have few descrepancies. Picking up Disney books and thumbing thru them for innaccuraties is one of my hobbies. :goodvibes: If you are looking for a happy go lucky advertisement for Disney then Birnbaums is your kind of book. If you want a book w/ real life experiences, reviews of rides, resorts, and resturaunts, and a plan to pursue the parks while avoiding lines then go with the Unofficial Guide or Passporter.

I'm surprised that they have mostly off-site coupons. I thought they were supposed to be the Official WDW Guidebook. Odd that WDW would want to offer incentive for people to go off property.

17.gif

They do offer savings for the fishing excursions at WDW, also a discount for mini golf also at Disney. My husband saved 20% on the fishing excursion. HTH.

Hi!
Greetings of the season!
I have the 2010 Birnbaum book next to me.
The coupons are: 15% off lunch or dinner for up to 8 guests in the HOB Rerstaurant; 15% off admission to Behind the Sees Tour at The Land for up to 10 guests; up to 20% off accommodations at Disney's Vero Beach Resorts (with date specifications: 10% for most nights for 2/15/10-3/27/10; 5/28/10-6/30/10 and 7/5/10-8/14/10; and 20% for most nights 1/1/10-2/11/10;4/18/10-5/20/10; 5/25/10-5/27/10; 8/15/10-9/2/20; 9/7/10-11/23/10; and 11/28/10-12/16/10) there is a limit of 20 rooms available, with minimum length of stay requirements for Fri. and Sat. arrivals, and a 11 month in advance booking limit; 15% off all Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre Activities (at the Contemporary Resort); 10% off Epcot Dive Quest Admission; 10% off Disney's Dolphins in Depth admission for up to 4 guests; up to 20% off accommodations at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort (10% off non discounted rate most nights when arriving 4/18/10-5/27/10; 20% off most nights when arriving 1/1/10-2/10/10; 2/16/10-4/2/10; 8/23/10-9/1/10' 9/7/10-11/23/10; and 11/28/10-12/25/10) and the same limitations as at Vero Beach; 10% off admission for up to 4 guests before 4 p.m. at Disney's Fantasia Gardens or Disney's Winter Summerland miniature gold course; 20% off a 2-hour WDW Guided Fishing Excursion for you and up to four guests; $10 off purchase of $75 or more at the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney Marketplace; 15% off Wild by Design Tour at Disney's Animal Kingdom; and for those who apply successfully for a Disney Rewards Visa Card at free $50 Disney Gift Card.
There is more "fine print" on the back of each coupon as well.

Thanks so much for listing all of these coupons. It seems as though they can all be used on Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter