Birthday eating

Robbiesmommy21

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

My DS will be turning 4 while at wdw. Have any of you be to breakfast/dinner for the occasion and what did they do for you? The CM I talked to this morning said that Chef Mickey for dinner would be great, but i would love ya'lls thoughts.
Thanks
Jacqueline

My daughter turned four last weekend while we were there. We did the Crystal Palace and they brought her a cupcake and sprinkled her and the table with "pixie dust" and at intervals they sing adn march to celebrate people's birthdays

also we did Chef Mickey's and they give them a placemat that has all the signatures of the characters-- they also get a cupcake with a candle in it and they do songs at intervals for special days too- this was a VERY festive and party-filled atmosphere that was GREAT for a celebration

dont forget to go to City Hall on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom to get a "Today's my Birthday Button"

We went to Cosmic Rays for lunch and they sang to her there too and gave her a free ice cream bar---

For my DS 5th b-day we did Cape May for breakfast and Chef Mickey's for dinner. Both were great! I think he enjoyed Cape May the best. The characters kept coming over to him and they gave him a signed balloon. Even though it was morning, he still received his huge cupcake. I think the reason he enjoyed Cape May more was because he was the only "birthday" child there at the time and the characters made a big deal out of him, especially Goofy. Also, in the lobby of the BC when Art the greeter saw my DS with his birthday balloon, he gave him a special Pin to add to his lanyard. Also, Chef Mickey's is really busy, Cape May is more laid back in my opinion. Chef's Mickey's was very nice, the characters came over and sang, gave him his placemat and cupcake. All the attention my DS received at both places made him feel really special, a year later, he still talks about it.

All the above posters have given you great advice; especially if your DS is really into the WDW characters.

Other non-character places for a GREAT b-day celebration are dinner:

1. Dinner at the CG -- make PS for 1 hour prior to the MK Wishes Fireworks. You will have front row seats of the fireworks and they dim the lights and pip the music into the CG. Tell in advance its your DS's b-day.

2. Dinner at the WL Whispering Canyon. The CM's are so funny and its a great time. It's loud and crazy!! Tell them in advance its your DS birthday!

3. Depending on where you are staying there are hidden adventures you can book. (and they are free) For example the WL has flag family -- you can either raise the flags in the morning or lower in the evening on the top of the WL. What a view!

All are great ideas. We ate at the Garden Grill Cafe in Epcot and they actually bring out a CAKE and Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto came to the table to sing! My DS4 loved it!!!!!!

Chef Mickey's for dinner is exactly what we're doing for our DS 4th birhday in Nov.

Its a great place with lots of character interaction. And the parmesan mashed potatoe's are to die for!!!

Cynde

Not that it has to be at Cindy's Castle BUT when we got to the table that morning it was decorated with streamers and confetti (Mickey shaped of course). The wonderful waitress had my daughter (10) hold out her hand. She placed a handful of the Mickey head shaped confetti in her hand and told her "This is magical Mickey confetti - drop one on every attraction that you wish to return to one day and your wish will come true!"
I kinda thought it was corny at first but my daughter's eyes lit up and she said "I better put these in my pocket!". She had the BEST time the rest of the day dropping a piece of confetti at her favorite place on each attraction (especially at the top of splash mountain just before the big drop). She took it so seriously that one time I jokingly told her she forgot on space mountain and she made us ride it again (she wouldn't believe me when I said "just drop it at the entrance - that should be good enough").
It ended up being the highlight of our trip! Figures it's the "free" stuff that ends up being a big hit.
Lucky for my daughter that WAS magical confetti because little does she know that she will be revisiting those attractions for her 13th birthday this October!
I am going to give her a card with the Mickey confetti in it!
Hope you have a great trip!
:wave2:

That was so great to hear. We're going to CRT for breakfast for dd's 7th birthday this year. I hope they still do it. By the way, since they knew it was her birthday and had the table decorated did they by any chance give her a window table? Just asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter