Birthday question

daddylonglegs

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if DISNEY does anything special if you have a teenager celeabrating a birthday. Where is a good place to purchase a birthday cake? We only have 8,640 minutes (6 days) before we take our first trip home.:bounce: :smooth:

We celebrated our daughter's 14th birthday at the Yachtsman's Steak House at the Yacht Club 8 summers ago. They did a cake for us and even had several of the wait staff come out to present the cake. They asked everyone around to join in singing "Happy Birthday" to our daughter. It was a special evening for her and the entire group (11 of us) had a great time. I am sure wherever you want to eat will do the same for you. We just called ahead about a week in advance. I think you can order a cake and enjoy it in your villa if you would prefer. I suggest calling BWV, OKW, or WLV (wherever you are staying) and ask for guest services. They will connect you with whoever you need to help you make the birthday a special one for your teenager. Enjoy! ;)

Our family tends to end up at WDW every few years for my birthday. the favorite is to "drag" Mom over to TGI Fridays at Cross Roads. There they have the wait staff come one at a time throughout the meal and tie a helium balloon to the birthday person. the first time this happened I had 14 balloons tied to me by the time we left, on my hands my buttons, my hair, my hoop earrings, anywhere they could comfortably think of. My son was thrilled the year we were there for his birthday, and the day wasn't complete until he had his late night trip to Fridays for the balloon tying. I agree that this is bizzare and not for all, but it makes for great pictures and a good laugh for all.:bounce: :pinkbounc

We have also celebrated birthdays before. We order a cake through the guest services at the hotel and they have it delivered to the restaurant we are eating at. The cakes have always been wonderful! My one suggestion is to not celebrate on your last day because depending on the number in your party you may have cake left over. We were flying home so we couldn't take the cake with us. The staff at Narcossee was happy though!

If you want to go smaller scale....most of the restaurants will also put a candle in a dessert for the birthday person and sing Happy Birthday. At ESPN, it's a hockey puck cake! Some may charge, some don't.

We'll be checking in at OKW on our DD's 16th b-day. Do you think there's a chance that guest services could have a cake in our room waiting for her? We'll be in the parks most of the day but would love to have the cake waiting there when we return.

We celebrated my niece's 10th birthday while at OKW in December. I called ahead to Olivia's (about a week before we left) and they had a cake delivered to our room. It was fairly small but they had plates, napkins and a balloon attached. The only choices were Mickey or Minnie but she loved it. It was waiting when we returned from the park. Don't know if this is too young for your 16 yo.

Thanks for all the info on the birthday question, we only have 5,760 minutes left til our first trip home.:cool:

About how much did the cake cost? Do they add the cost to the restaurant bill, or do you prepay?

ceejay13........thanks that's what I wanted to know. My DD would love a mickey cake just still just as Disney crazy as ever. Must be her parents fault!

auntsue,

I don't remember the cost for the cake. We have done this twice and each time it was slightly different. I don't think we have ever payed the restaurant. The chocolate cake we got was yummy! It had chocolate mickeys on the top that were the best.

We went to WDW for our daughter's 9th b-day and contacted DVC MS before we left home. They arranged to have a beautiful little cake delivered to our room at BWV. (It was waiting for us when we returned to the room after dinner.) It included noisemakers, confetti, balloons and a card signed by Mickey Mouse. The cost was only about $25-$30 (can't remember exactly) and they just charged it to our credit card. It was great! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter