Blocked Day on Annual Pass Fee/Annual Pass $ Saver

Tink!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
I know that if you would like to get into Disneyland on a blocked day, there is a $30 dollar fee. Would you have to fall in line where everybody gets there tickets? Or do you go to the entrance where you give the CM your ticket and pay there? I thought this would be good to know for future reference. Thanks in advance. :)

You go to the ticket booth where everyone buys tickets and show them your pass and say you want to buy a block-out ticket.

A block out ticket can also be purchased at guest services/guest relations ticket windows. And, you can use the block out ticket to upgrade to a higher level annual pass.

Itinkso said:
A block out ticket can also be purchased at guest services/guest relations ticket windows. And, you can use the block out ticket to upgrade to a higher level annual pass.

How do you upgrade with a block out ticket? How does it work?

Holy cow! I had NO idea you could do that. :confused3 I thought a blacked out date was just that a black out date. We had an AP last year and just planned our non Disney stuff on the days of the blocked out dates so it worked fine for us. Good to know that we can still get in of we go that route again. :sunny:

Tink! said:
How do you upgrade with a block out ticket? How does it work?
Bring both the blackout day ticket and your AP to the Bank on Main St., and tell them you would like to upgrade your AP. The cost of the blackout day ticket goes towards the upgrade price. For example, if you bought a Deluxe pass for $229, and you buy a blackout day ticket for $30, then to upgrade to a Premium pass you would need to pay an additional $90 ($349 - 229 - 30 = 90), but only the day you use the blackout day ticket.

My girlfriend had the SoCal Select pass ($119) and we bought a blackout day ticket one weekend. When we went to the Bank and told them we wanted to upgrade, I guess we forgot to tell her what we wanted to upgrade it to, so the CM automatically upgraded it to a SoCal pass ($149) since the blackout day ticket already covered the cost of the upgrade. We had to tell her we actually wanted a Deluxe, so we just paid the difference and she printed out another card. There was no line when we got there, so we were in and out in less than 5 minutes.

We usually start out with a SoCal pass and then use a block out to upgrade. This worked for my DDs BF last week: used a 2 day parkhopper and upgraded to a SoCal Select on the 2nd day, then bought a block-out day ticket the next day and then upgraded to SoCal (all three days were blocked out for both SoCal passes). He got in 3 days for DL/DCA for less than the 3 day parkhopper.

I had no idea you could do that!!! Thanks LOTS for the information. That is a real handy trick! ONE more question I PROMISE!!! If you do upgrade...do you only get the remaining time left of the pass or do you get a full year?

Tink! said:
I had no idea you could do that!!! Thanks LOTS for the information. That is a real handy trick! ONE more question I PROMISE!!! What if you do not want to upgrade and want to stick with the level you have? Is that possible?

You never have to upgrade, it's just that with $30 for the blockout ticket you may want to use it towards an upgrade.

Tink! said:
I had no idea you could do that!!! Thanks LOTS for the information. That is a real handy trick! ONE more question I PROMISE!!! If you do upgrade...do you only get the remaining time left of the pass or do you get a full year?
Let me see if I understand your question. Are you asking that if, for example, you bought a SoCal Select AP in February, and then upgraded that pass in June, if your AP is good until next June? If that's what you're wondering, then no. The pass would still expire from when you originally bought it (February in my example).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter