Blondie's Home of the Dagwood

IOAdude

Stress Free: Yeah Right!!
My family wants a quick lunch at one of the restaurants in IOA. So the last time we went, we saw Blondie's Home of the Dagwood Shop in Toon Lagoon. We were not very hungry so we didn't stop in. But this year when we go back we would like to eat there. The thought of a three foot tall sandwich amazes me! Has anyone ever eaten there before? Is it crowded? Are the sandwiches REALLY 3 feet tall? Are they good? Thanx in advance.
-Steve

Hehe, I couldn't resist replying to your query; I opened up Blondie's and the adjacent Wimpy's 2 years ago. Since I've been at Mythos over a year now, I'm sure it's changed slightly, though I'm sure the Dagwood and Tootsie's favorite are still the same. The Dagwood is a slice of a doubledecker sandwich with ham, turkey, salami, bologne, american, swiss, lettuce, tomatos, marinated onions and italian dressing on pullman bread (white). I'd say it's more like a foot and half tall, but it is quite soemthing to look at! ;)

the tootsie's is a wedge of circular sandwich w/ turkey breast, swiss, lettuce, tomatos and a dijon mayonaise on a multigrain harvest loaf (my personal favorite). They used to have a vegie sub with lettuce, tomato, sprouts, fresh mozz and pesto on a hoagie, but I'm not sure if that's still the case. Last time I heard, they had added a hot meatloaf sandwich. They also have salads, hotdogs, chili and AWESOME cream of tomato soup.

It's a good place for a quick, alternative choice to the normal hamburgers and wings type fare. Not to metnion Blondie's has great AC, so if it's warm, you can cool off there. One note though; don't go in there expecting a subway type shop. Because of the size of the sandwiches, and the volume of business they do, the sandwiches have to be prepared ahead of time and sliced to order.

Hope that helps!

I had a bad headache and stopped there for a quick bite of something to take my pill. The lady offered to give me a small sample of potato salad instead of having me purchase a larger serving size. I have to say that was some of the best park potato salad I have ever had. I plan on getting a larger size next month when I visit again. Sorry, I can't comment on the sandwiches.

dagwood.jpg

Not the greatest picture, but it gives you an idea!
It is a fabulous sandwich and such a wonderful alternative to the average theme park fast food!
And as stated above, the potato salad that comes with it is sooooo yummy!!!!

:bounce:

Wow, thanx. All this talk about sandwiches, potatoes salad, cream of tomatoe soup, an dlots of food is making me hungry!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Those sandwiches sound great will have to try them...thanks for the advice,....:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter