BLT and Standard view

akl-fan

DIS Veteran
My DH, DD3 and I are taking a 15 day trip to the world in September 2013. 6 night at BLT and 9 nights at AKV JH. We have to book BLT at 7 month which is on Saturday. We have enough points for SV, are 4 short for LV and won't have enough for TPV. I know that it may be hard to secure SV and am happy to buy 4 one time use points.

My question is if I am able to secure SV, will I be happy there? We had a lake view last time - panoramic view of Bay Lake but look to the left and a great view of the MK. It was fabulous.

How many of you have booked a SV and loved it or hated it? Also if we go for LV again what would be the chances of such a great view twice in a row. Are the SV rooms all facing MK or do some face the lake?

Thanks in advance

Katrina

How many of you have booked a SV and loved it or hated it? Also if we go for LV again what would be the chances of such a great view twice in a row. Are the SV rooms all facing MK or do some face the lake?

Thanks in advance

Katrina

We have had standard view 5 times and only 1 time had a view of the MK. 2 times we were on the first floor by the shuffleboard court and once on the second floor by the same court. The standard view rooms are all over the building and I have never had a chance to change rooms as normally only 1-2 are opening up any time we are arriving so there is no other choice. If you want a view pay for it as you can't expect it with standard view. Lake view you might get a similar view or not - I think about 10% of lake view rooms have the view you had and they are all in the same basic area just above and below each other. The rest of them overlook the Contemporary dock or face out from the entire backside (or to the side) of the building.

My DH, DD3 and I are taking a 15 day trip to the world in September 2013. 6 night at BLT and 9 nights at AKV JH. We have to book BLT at 7 month which is on Saturday. We have enough points for SV, are 4 short for LV and won't have enough for TPV. I know that it may be hard to secure SV and am happy to buy 4 one time use points.

My question is if I am able to secure SV, will I be happy there? We had a lake view last time - panoramic view of Bay Lake but look to the left and a great view of the MK. It was fabulous.

Thanks in advance

Katrina
I think you should plan on purchasing four one time points from MS on Saturday morning as soon as they open so you get your Lake view villa. Standard view is probably not going to be available.

We stay in SV all the time and don't mind them. But, the view is not that important for us. We have had rooms facing both toward the pool and the parking lot. Our biggest request is not first floor.

We have also had LV rooms like you mention and those were really nice. We love the location that IMO all the rooms are great!!!!:cool1:

Agree with prior posters

Sv most likely wont be an option at 7 months

If it is, you will be 4 or 5th floor or lower, and will most likely not have a good view

With lake view you are still taking your chances, but will see water...... Somewhere.

If views are important, go for the lake view.

Good luck!

I just want to say good luck booking on saturday! I just snagged a BLT standard view for one night on our upcoming trip and I got it only a month out. I think it must've been a cancellation. I am very excited about it! I realize there are alot of first floor rooms but I am just happy to be near the MK!

ask for an even number room with standard view and think you will be fine.

that is if you can get a standard view - they go pretty fast.

now the standard view only go to the 5th floor.

speaking of anyone heard what MK views are now SV - think it was 2nd thru 4th floors - but until Disney says....

We have a 9 night BLT SV Studio booked for 9/9-9/17 which will become available once we rebook at 7 month window to a AKL-S/BC-1 BR split stay. So anything is possible. Good luck, you will really enjoy BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter