BLT at 7 months out?

wendow

We create happiness.
We are planning to go back to BLT September 2013 for 8 nights. We were there in Sept 2012 for 7 nights and were able to get two 1 bd lake view rooms less than 6 months before our trip. We got one for us and one for my in-laws.

We are renting points again for this trip and the 7 month window opens on Sunday. I am starting to get nervous that BLT may not be available even though it was easy to get rooms last year. How early do 1 bd's normally book up? I know SV is usually gone but what about LV? Should we be ok?

You won't know until the owner books the reservations. I wouldn't wait until 7 months to book anyone renting from us, why did you wait?

:earsboy: Bill

Time of year is not a high demand time for except for the last three nights of Sep which are the beginning of wine and dine at Epcot. Also, 1BRs tend to be the last to fill. At 7 months out, you should easily be able to get either lake view or theme park view as long as it is not the last three nights of Sep for which you might have issues.

As pp said, September is not busy, so I don't think you'll have a problem. We were able to book a room at BLT in March which is during Magic season. I just checked the other day and there was still a 1 BR lake view available at BLT.

PP asked why the OP waited so long to rent... unless a BLT member is willing to rent out their points, they can't rent until 7 months with other resorts' points. As I understand it, David's has more demand than members willing to rent out their points.

I am not renting through David's but the DVC member I am renting from does not own at BLT so that is why I had to wait. I have been searching for a BLT owner to rent from since the 11-month window but all were priced too high for us.

Thanks to those who gave some encouraging words! We are not looking to go end of September but more in the middle :goodvibes

As SSR owners we were able to easily book a Lake View studio at Bay Lake at 7 months out in early September in 2011. A 1 bedroom should be even easier.

Good luck!

The last two years we stayed at BLT with no problem booking at the 7 month window for the end of August. We stayed in a 2bdrm one year and a 1 bdrm the next. This year the first few nights of our stay were not available so we booked BWV and waitlisted the entire stay at BLT. After six long days our waitlist came through. Good luck.

LV 1BR is reasonable....but nothing is guaranteed.

As you mentioned SV and MK view usually book faster. And typically in DVC, 2BR fully book 1st, then studios, with 1BR last to fill up.

I would recommend now considering a backup plans B and C from OKW, SSR, AKV savannah, and BWV pool view so you have a chance of getting something.

LV is most likely available for end of September up to 1st week of October.

However, I don't think either studio or theme park view will be available for all days.

Anything in the middle of September might be trouble for SV. MK view should be available all days and LV will almost certainly will be.

As SSR owners, we were able to book a 2br lake view at BLT at the 7-month window in November which is actually a busier time than September. I think you should be ok. I was actually surprised at how much we loved BLT, so good luck to you.

The member we are renting from was able to book us in a LV 1-bd for all 8 nights! Thanks for all the encouraging words!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter