BLT report.

geraghty

Mouseketeer
We just got home from our first stay at BLT. We stayed in a studio room 7514, which was a standard view room that had a view of the top half of the castle off to the left, parking lot, tennis court and space mountain straight ahead and the edge of the lake off to the right. We were there for seven nights.

Firework viewing was very nice from this room which was a major plus. The fireworks were loud on the balcony, but to my surprise, they could barely be heard inside the room.

Before joining DVC, we would stay in a moderate accommodation, so the room size was good and I found the kitchenette to be laid out very nicely. There was a lot of storage around the tv and kitchen area. The condition of the room was good, with little damage to the pull out couch from what I would assume was a lot of usage. The bathroom door molding has a lot of damage from the lock hitting the wall, which could be remedied by adding a small metal plate where the lock hits the wall. Lighting is poor in the bed area, but once the sun is up, there is plenty of light.

We absolutely loved this resort and I'm glad we can call BLT our home. The pool, small size, community hall, close proximity to monorail and walk to MK are priceless.

Negatives are transportation and storage for couch cushions when made into a bed.

With regards to transportation, my family likes to utilize early morning emh. When going to Epcot we boarded the first monorail at 7:00 am. We got off at the ttc and waited in line for the Epcot monorail, which does not run until 7:30 am. At 7:35 we were told they were still doing safety checks and we would have to take a bus. We did not get Epcot until after 8:00 am and by the time we got through security and into the park it was 8:15. We made it to TT in time to find a 30 minute wait.

We had similar problems when going to HS and AK for early emh. We would catch the first bus and would not arrive to the parks until the park was opening or right after the park opened. Our next trip we will probably do a split stay to see how the transportation is from other resorts.

The problem with the couch cushions is, there was no where to store them. They did not fit under the bed and even with two creative minds, we were never able to find a good place to put them. The pull out couch is very comfortable and our two kids never complained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter