BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Thank you for this
Yes, thanks very much for reposting the diagram. It is very useful. I have saved it on my own computer now just in case it ever disappears.

Information like this is why I love these boards, even if sometimes you have to wade through a few clunker posts. LOL

View attachment 85367 Figured I'd post since this one isn't listed yet:
Room 7326 - 1 bedroom standard view

We absolutely loved this room when we visited in Feb. 2013 especially since it was standard view and we could watch wishes from the pullout in the living room area! The kids loved being able to see the castle before they went to bed and the view of the monorail was great for my little boy.

I know this is an older post however if you remember, was the noise from the monorail loud in this room?

I know this is an older post however if you remember, was the noise from the monorail loud in this room?

The monorail is still quite a distance away from BLT and it's electric so pretty quite. I was in the studio just to the left and above this room and in the room you won't hear anything at all from the monorail except perhaps if they have to sound the horn for some reason.

The monorail is still quite a distance away from BLT and it's electric so pretty quite. I was in the studio just to the left and above this room and in the room you won't hear anything at all from the monorail except perhaps if they have to sound the horn for some reason.
Thank you!

We have a 1bdrm standard view booked for mid-december :-)hyper::hyper::hyper:). Any tips on room request I can put in during online check in to perhaps score a fireworks view? Being able to see the fireworks from our room would definitely be icing on the cake!

Just spent a week in villa 8605. Did not see it listed on the first page, so I thought I would share my thoughts on the villa. It is on the 16th floor, last villa on the left hand side, lake view. It is a dedicated 2 bedroom, lake view. You had to have special access on your magic bands to access the 16th floor, and can only access the villa from the left hand set of elevators. With the TOTWL in the center of the 16th floor, using the other set of elevators does you no good (we learned this the hard way), as the TOTWL doors are locked during the day.

The view was great - one of the best ones we have ever had at BLT, and we have stayed there multiple times. We had a perfect view of the pool, lake, EPCOT, EPCOT fireworks, and even parts of DHS. The way the villa was positioned on the end of the building, you did not look directly into other villas. You could also watch (and hear) the water parade each night.

The only downside of this villa was the wi-fi. Our first two days, we had NO wi-fi. After complaining, they added a router or something and we had very slow internet the rest of the week.

So, if you're on the 16th floor, and the TOTWL is open, do you have access to the lounge whether you are DVC owners or not?

BLTtype6.jpg

BLTview17-1.jpg
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!! I came on here to look for this picture on the front page (as I always have for years) and I couldn't open it. So THANK YOU!!!

It would be nice if these floor maps of BLT could be added to post #1. Is there a way a moderator could edit Post #1?

Or @wdrl and @Sandisw are the 2nd and 3rd post and I'd think if they added then it would be found pretty quickly by those reading and we'd all know it was close to the top.

I didn't realize that Worktoplay hadn't been around for over two years to update the first post.

For what it's worth, my wife and I found an inaccuracy in the view maps... room 7428 is in fact considered Theme Park view. We were assigned this room, and confirmed a couple of times what category it's in. Needless to say, we asked to be moved while we were checking in, and were given 7918 for the rest of our stay :)

For what it's worth, my wife and I found an inaccuracy in the view maps... room 7428 is in fact considered Theme Park view. We were assigned this room, and confirmed a couple of times what category it's in. Needless to say, we asked to be moved while we were checking in, and were given 7918 for the rest of our stay :)
Some of the room categories seem to be flexible.

1st thing THIS THREAD IS AMAZING, THANK YOU.
We are looking at 2 properties 1 being bay lake tower. If we can rent points and it is available then we will book with points if not we will book through Disney.
I am really unsure of a few things. What does a dedicated 2 bedroom mean? can you get a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view? and with that lake view room put in a request of even number room north side high floors?
I am really confused by that.
Thank you again

What does a dedicated 2 bedroom mean?
A dedicated 2-bedroom can only be reserved as a 2-bedroom. It will have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

A lock-off 2-bedroom is a studio and a 1-bedroom with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the 2nd bedroom and will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa (except at OKW where it will have 2 queen beds).

Dedicated & Lock-Off are separate booking categories (where available). The lock-off will specifically indicate lock-off in the room type, dedicated will only say it's a 2 bedroom.

can you get a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view?
Yes

and with that lake view room put in a request of even number room north side high floors?
If that request is met, you would end up with a partial view of the Magic Kingdom.

1st thing THIS THREAD IS AMAZING, THANK YOU.
We are looking at 2 properties 1 being bay lake tower. If we can rent points and it is available then we will book with points if not we will book through Disney.
I am really unsure of a few things. What does a dedicated 2 bedroom mean? can you get a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view? and with that lake view room put in a request of even number room north side high floors?
I am really confused by that.
Thank you again

"Dedicated 2 bedroom" means that there's 1 entrance to the common space (kitchen and living room) with a bedroom to either side. This configuration has a king bed on one side and 2 queens in the other bedroom. The alternative is a "2 bedroom lock-off." The floor plan is very similar with key differences: 1) There is a second door to the hallway from one of the bedrooms because Disney can separately rent this room as a 2 bedroom unit or as a 1 bedroom and separate studio option; 2) They usually include a single queen bed and sofabed in the second room instead of 2 queens. Personally we prefer the dedicated 2 bedroom because we like the two real queens over the queen plus sofabed, but others prefer the sofabed arrangement and the second door.

You can request the room location but there's no guarantee and I wouldn't count on it. The reason the Northside lake views are so popular is those rooms really get both a lake view to your right and a theme park view to your left, arguably making them the best overall view options in the place even over the theme park views. If I could guarantee that view I would take it, but there are other lake views that don't have any theme park (i.e. fireworks) visibility. Overall you pick between three view types -- "standard" which are the subpar views, "lakeview" and "theme park" which are self-descriptive. Standard is cheapest and theme park is most expensive. Theme park views have great fireworks visibility every night (note that is actually a con for some people with little kids as you get the fireworks noise whether you are watching or not and in the summer they start pretty late).

Good luck. Love this resort for its great walking access to MK.

A dedicated 2-bedroom can only be reserved as a 2-bedroom. It will have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom.

A lock-off 2-bedroom is a studio and a 1-bedroom with an interior connecting door. The studio becomes the 2nd bedroom and will have a queen bed and a sleeper sofa (except at OKW where it will have 2 queen beds).

Dedicated & Lock-Off are separate booking categories (where available). The lock-off will specifically indicate lock-off in the room type, dedicated will only say it's a 2 bedroom.

Yes

If that request is met, you would end up with a partial view of the Magic Kingdom.
so the person I am renting points from would have that as an option?
what would be the better choice to get a partial view of the magic kingdom if we have a little bit of luck, a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view or a 2bedroom lock off lake view?

so the person I am renting points from would have that as an option?
what would be the better choice to get a partial view of the magic kingdom if we have a little bit of luck, a dedicated 2 bedroom lake view or a 2bedroom lock off lake view?

Points are points. Any point can be applied to any room type, so whoever you rent them from won't be restricted that way. However, there's no guarantee of what specific inventory is left when you go to use those points. Each of those room types exist in each of the view types to varying degrees. If you really want to study how many of each refer back to the first page of this topic.

Points are points. Any point can be applied to any room type, so whoever you rent them from won't be restricted that way. However, there's no guarantee of what specific inventory is left when you go to use those points. Each of those room types exist in each of the view types to varying degrees. If you really want to study how many of each refer back to the first page of this topic.
I guess I wasn't sure at that time of booking for the DVC member if they had both options, or if they just booked a 2 bedroom and give you what ever. I see that there looks to be way more lock off 2bedrooms lake views then dedicated rooms.
I am just trying to get all my ducks in a row when it comes time to book, cause I want to let the person know I am renting from what we are looking for.
So I would try to get a 2bedroom lock off room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter