Blueribbonvillas.com?

wdisneyaholic

DIS Veteran
I have found this vacation home rental company. I have never rented a vacation home and was looking to see if anyone here has ever rented from them. I get a little nervevous renting over the internet. Any information anyone would give would be great.

Thanks

Frankly, not heard of them either, but there are dozens of companies ready to rent you a home.....we prefer vrbo.com or vacation rentals direct from the owner...We have found these homes to be very well furnished, and owners very willing to please.....at vrbo.com go to "central florida" and you wills see many listings to choose from...There is definately a glut of homes for rent so always ask for the lowest season price, and be a little picky about things like King vs. queen beds, TV in the bedroom, VCR for the kids.....remember it costs extra to heat the pool and if you want the pool it should be heated......good luck..........Ted

Ted,

The house I plan to rent from is listed on vrbo.com and blue ribbon villas. I actually contacted both places. When I heard from blue ribbon villas, they stated that they had talked to the owner. By the second email from the owner he already knew I talked to blue ribbon and he said to just go ahead and booked with them.

The only thing that makes me a little nervouse is they are both in the UK. Not sure if that matters. What are your thoughts?

Thanks

Hi again...many of the by owner homes are owned by out of town folks..or out of Country folks....They will hire a mangement company to run the house....There are hundreds of these houses, so again be picky....if you are paying 7 to 800, (the max I think you should pay) look for king beds, big TV's in the Living room, TV in bedroom, VCR......our first "learning experience" was with a British owned home and it had a 13 inch TV in a Large living room and no other TV....beds were double not even queen..so from then on we checked and just said no thanks if it it wasn't delux and King beds....it's VACATION.....you deserve it....by the way we stayed a condo.....2375 at VRBO.com and it was very nice....Ted

We also had good luck with Vrbo.com. Owners lived in Ohio and used an Orlando management company. We also like big beds and big tvs on vacation! Good luck.

Do not be afraid of us English owners!!!!!
We are just the same as you, well almost!!! (lol)
After recently buying a home near Disney I have got to know a lot of English owners, without exception I can tell you they are all honest and nice people. The thing to remember is we are buying as second homes because we love florida, so in turn love our 2nd homes!!! We then rent them out to cover some of the mortgage, not to make a fast buck like some of the rental companies around.
If I can give you any more info e-mail me on timothy.hubbard@virgin.net
Good Luck.

Totally agree with you....that is why we use vrbo.com and love dealing direct with owners....good luck and happy renting!!!

Bear I.T.B.B.H.

I am not afraid of English owners, I was just a little concerned about renting from a company outside of the US. The gentleman from the UK that I spoke with has been extremely nice and very informative. He has been giving me references and answering any and all questions to put my mind at ease.

I have never heard of this before, the renting a house off of the internet and it just makes me a little leary. My gram is from England and she is one of the nicest persons I know.

You can never be too careful when giving your hard earned money to someone and never even seeing the product in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter