Boardwalk Cottage Suites question

I was thinking about one-bedroom in Boardwalk Villas. It has jacuzzi, can potentially have a view (which cottages just don't have at all) and it doesn't have annoying :p lounge part. And the price is a little lower than for cottage suites.

But nothing is available in the Boardwalk Villas for our dates - not even studios. And even without any discount there is nothing available, so I don't expect the discounted room just pop up all the sudden.

Last edited:
C51A9BC7-2D4E-4BB2-B014-A575669DB5A3.jpeg D22C4DFA-B5B2-4870-B617-A843A1F379DC.jpeg 8B0C2624-D330-4A46-ADA4-23DD1620B015.jpeg
Thank you very much for sharing.

I am afraid I might feel the same way after the stay :) :rolleyes1

But before I try it I can't tell for sure :teleport:

My husband was not very much help in deciding.

So I think we are going to try it. Right now I have Annual Pass which gives me about 30% discount on this room. But I am not going to get Annual Pass every year. So this room is right now for me as cheap as it can possibly get (still not THAT cheap really :)) I know if I have it in my mind - I will keep thinking about trying it anyways.

If we do it, I am just going to make myself not to worry about not going to the lounge (because WE PAID for it :))) Just kind of ignore that part.

This vacation was created as relaxed and romantic, and we should try to keep it that way :) If I would be able to ignore the lounge part - I should be fine :)
Thank you very much for sharing.

I am afraid I might feel the same way after the stay :) :rolleyes1

But before I try it I can't tell for sure :teleport:

My husband was not very much help in deciding.

So I think we are going to try it. Right now I have Annual Pass which gives me about 30% discount on this room. But I am not going to get Annual Pass every year. So this room is right now for me as cheap as it can possibly get (still not THAT cheap really :)) I know if I have it in my mind - I will keep thinking about trying it anyways.

If we do it, I am just going to make myself not to worry about not going to the lounge (because WE PAID for it :))) Just kind of ignore that part.

This vacation was created as relaxed and romantic, and we should try to keep it that way :) If I would be able to ignore the lounge part - I should be fine :)
The “Cottages” are “ cute on the outside but once you are in it’s dull. Nothing romantic. We called this the
“Bait and Switch” . There are better suites and club lounges in the Epcot Area.The cottages aren’t worth there money unless you receive a free upgrade to this suite. It’s nice on the outside but once you are in it’s dull. It’s farther away from everything. Encluding the lounge. Took us 13 minutes to go to the lounge. Once you are in the lounge it’s packed. Never did we found something to eat. Nothing like the other club levels. Beach and Yacht Club lounge are a lot better food and drink. Not a hit or miss. We tried to take drinks and snacks back to room but the “guard” at door said sorry they stay here. Before you go to your room pick up a extra ice bucket cause you will need it. O make sure you ask for extra towels and such before you settled in. Took an hour for us. Really think hard on this one. Check other resorts like Yacht and Beach Club.At least at Yacht and Beach Club you can see the fireworks. Why pay fora suite that doesn’t have a jacuzzi ?Why pay for a single person bathtub.Good Luck . And if you do decide don’t forget the flash light.
O triple check the bathrooms for bugs too

The “Cottages” are “ cute on the outside but once you are in it’s dull. Nothing romantic. We called this the
“Bait and Switch” . There are better suites and club lounges in the Epcot Area.The cottages aren’t worth there money unless you receive a free upgrade to this suite. It’s nice on the outside but once you are in it’s dull. It’s farther away from everything. Encluding the lounge. Took us 13 minutes to go to the lounge. Once you are in the lounge it’s packed. Never did we found something to eat. Nothing like the other club levels. Beach and Yacht Club lounge are a lot better food and drink. Not a hit or miss. We tried to take drinks and snacks back to room but the “guard” at door said sorry they stay here. Before you go to your room pick up a extra ice bucket cause you will need it. O make sure you ask for extra towels and such before you settled in. Took an hour for us. Really think hard on this one. Check other resorts like Yacht and Beach Club.At least at Yacht and Beach Club you can see the fireworks. Why pay fora suite that doesn’t have a jacuzzi ?Why pay for a single person bathtub.Good Luck . And if you do decide don’t forget the flash light.

Thank you VERY MUCH!

You really made me thinking... :)))
I was trying to switch the reservation yesterday, but the web-site for some reason doesn't let me do it. Maybe because I did check in already for Beach Club? And I didn't have time to call Disney to do that.

Instead I just made one more reservation for a cottage. So I have flexibility till November 28th - this is the cancellation dead line for our dates. So far I've been going back and forth :))) But that's typical of me :)))

Maybe something will come up in Boardwalk too. I am not looking particularly for the suite. I would even prefer the room with the Boardwalk and lake view instead.

I was wondering - can you switch resorts for the same dates after cancellation dead line? Or it is under penalty too?

Your Welcome. Try to contact Wdw travel first instead of website. They maybe able to help switch.

Sorry if I sound harsh . As a mother and grandmother I am always looking out. I quess I was just looking at the value of money. All I was trying to say was if money wasn’t a problem go for it but the money you spent on this room type without a jacuzzi , you are better to spend it else where like a nice dinner at the Yachtmen’s Steak house and stay at Yacht or Beach Club Club Level and have a nice deluxe room with the views of the fireworks,sorry no jacuzzi here.
Sorry again. Have Magical Stay.

Sorry if I sound harsh . As a mother and grandmother I am always looking out. I quess I was just looking at the value of money. All I was trying to say was if money wasn’t a problem go for it but the money you spent on this room type without a jacuzzi , you are better to spend it else where like a nice dinner at the Yachtmen’s Steak house and stay at Yacht or Beach Club Club Level and have a nice deluxe room with the views of the fireworks,sorry no jacuzzi here.
Sorry again. Have Magical Stay.

Don't worry, Tink!

I REALLY appreciate your input!

I never want to waste money. Even though I guess that type of money is not an issue for us.

And I know myself - if I don't work on my approach I would be thinking - "Oh, we paid for the lounge, we should go there" - even if I would rather prefer not to go :)))

If I will end up doing this - I would just tell myself that I don't care if there is lounge or not, I am not paying for the lounge, it's just added thing. But what I am going to be paying for is the opportunity to try what I wanted to do. And hopefully for getting romantic room :)) As some people do find those suites nice and romantic :) Maybe I will be one of them :)

Don't worry, Tink!

I REALLY appreciate your input!

I never want to waste money. Even though I guess that type of money is not an issue for us.

And I know myself - if I don't work on my approach I would be thinking - "Oh, we paid for the lounge, we should go there" - even if I would rather prefer not to go :)))

If I will end up doing this - I would just tell myself that I don't care if there is lounge or not, I am not paying for the lounge, it's just added thing. But what I am going to be paying for is the opportunity to try what I wanted to do. And hopefully for getting romantic room :)) As some people do find those suites nice and romantic :) Maybe I will be one of them :)
Thanks. Have A Magical Stay......

I also like the little things about Boardwalk Resort - compared to most of the villas: the curtains, the Minnie-lamp and stuff like this.

The studios are very practical choice but they seem to lack any Disney personality. They just look like nice enough but pretty indistinct hotel rooms. I judge by the videos I watched on Youtube.

We did stay in 2-bedroom in Kidany Village. But that's totally different story. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas. Those have TON of personality in everything. And also we rented points to stay there, so we got very decent price. It was less expensive then what I would pay even with Annual Passholder discount.

But you can't get the cottage suites renting points. As we are not Florida residents and I happened to have Annual Pass this year - the price for Cottages (though still pretty steep for what you get) - is the best deal I can possibly get on them. And we want to stay in Epcot Area, and I really want to stay in Boardwalk Resort.

That's my reasoning right now :)

I also like the little things about Boardwalk Resort - compared to most of the villas: the curtains, the Minnie-lamp and stuff like this.

The studios are very practical choice but they seem to lack any Disney personality. They just look like nice enough but pretty indistinct hotel rooms. I judge by the videos I watched on Youtube.

We did stay in 2-bedroom in Kidany Village. But that's totally different story. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas. Those have TON of personality in everything. And also we rented points to stay there, so we got very decent price. It was less expensive then what I would pay even with Annual Passholder discount.

But you can't get the cottage suites renting points. As we are not Florida residents and I happened to have Annual Pass this year - the price for Cottages (though still pretty steep for what you get) - is the best deal I can possibly get on them. And we want to stay in Epcot Area, and I really want to stay in Boardwalk Resort.

That's my reasoning right now :)
Yes the two bedrooms villias are very nice. Our families stays there (BWV) regularly twice a year for two weeks.
There home away from home is BWV.
But the cottages lack any inside romantic details. This what I was trying to say. There nothing screams at you saying “We are romantic inside”
It screams “ We need help in the interior design.” Awful sofa. No Movies!
Plain just plain. Needs to “Spice” it up.
The need to take out the single bath tub and put back in the jacuzzi ! They also should have flowers placed daily. They should stock the fridge.There should be a fruit basket or Chocolate.For the place we have to pay. The suite should be the best of best. This what I am saying.

Yes the two bedrooms villias are very nice. Our families stays there (BWV) regularly twice a year for two weeks.
There home away from home is BWV.
But the cottages lack any inside romantic details. This what I was trying to say. There nothing screams at you saying “We are romantic inside”
It screams “ We need help in the interior design.” Awful sofa. No Movies!
Plain just plain. Needs to “Spice” it up.
The need to take out the single bath tub and put back in the jacuzzi ! They also should have flowers placed daily. They should stock the fridge.There should be a fruit basket or Chocolate.For the place we have to pay. The suite should be the best of best. This what I am saying.

I thought they were doing chocolates? Other suites seem to get them. Even just simply club level rooms.

Though to tell you the truth - when we stayed with my friend in Grand Floridian we only got little chocolates at evening turn down. Nothing when we checked in.

We also stayed once at Animal Kingdom club level room, and I was extremely impressed with the level of service we got there. We got welcome gift, private check in with wine already in our hands :))) Nothing like that in Grand Floridian. But the lounge offerings in Grand Floridian were very very good.

Still doesn't worth the price you pay there - by my opinion. But no hotel worth the price they charge in Grand Floridian :))) Seriously :))) By my opinion no club rooms make any financial sense - like no other expensive hotels. But sometimes it's worth the splurge for some other reasons rather than financial.

I just want to throw out there that it doesn’t take anywhere near 13 minutes to get to the lounge from a cottage suite. It doesn’t even take that long to get to Epcot! It’s maybe a 5 minute journey from the cottage suites to the lounge (give or take a minute, depending on how you catch the elevator). I’m not sure I understand the comment about asking for extra towels...housekeeping brought fresh towels every day, as they do at each resort. And we never use ice buckets anywhere (they kind of gross me out tbh). Bugs should be checked for at every resort...they’re a problem in Florida, in general.

Whether or not the cottage suites are worthwhile is very subjective. In the interest of full disclosure, we received a free upgrade. But I was thrilled. I think the rooms are adorable and we appreciated the extra space. I also like having a separate shower. One other thing was that it was nice not to hear flushing toilets or loud kids (or adults) above or below us or outside the door. It’s in a very quiet area of the resort.

It is a bummer that you have to go outside to go to the lounge. We didn’t find that to be a big deterrent, but some people might. It’s a little inconvenient to get to the Boardwalk itself from there as well. I also find the layout of the Boardwalk to be rather confusing, and not being in the main building complicated that. Fortunately, my DH is great with directions, so I didn’t get lost.

Again, value is very subjective. But, if I could afford to stay in a cottage suite again, I’d do it.

Ever since Signature Services took over Club Level hasn’t been the same.
I will agree with about Animal Kingdom and Wildress Lodge both still have Welcome home gifts and drinks waiting for you. They both go over the top for you. When we we stayed at the AKL cast member over heard me talking about our new grand baby and she said congrats. When we went into our room there was Gift for our grand baby. How sweet. O how I go on and on all about the different in clubs.
When you stay at Disney you know you will be paying more cause you are in the heat and soul of Disney.
We own a bussiness and I always look at the cost. And I shouldn’t look at cost of suites nor rooms when we plan but that me always to make sure. Double check.

Again, value is very subjective. But, if I could afford to stay in a cottage suite again, I’d do it.

Thank you very much for the encouraging input!

I makes me feel a little better as I already made a switch and there is no way back as the availability is almost non-existent in Epcot area - even without any discounts :)

Like I said - no suites or club level rooms would make any financial sense for me. So I should just relax about that :)

But hopefully we will find the cottages romantic :)

Ever since Signature Services took over Club Level hasn’t been the same.
I will agree with about Animal Kingdom and Wildress Lodge both still have Welcome home gifts and drinks waiting for you. They both go over the top for you. When we we stayed at the AKL cast member over heard me talking about our new grand baby and she said congrats. When we went into our room there was Gift for our grand baby. How sweet. O how I go on and on all about the different in clubs.
When you stay at Disney you know you will be paying more cause you are in the heat and soul of Disney.
We own a bussiness and I always look at the cost. And I shouldn’t look at cost of suites nor rooms when we plan but that me always to make sure. Double check.

We just stayed at WL in the club level in May. We did not receive a welcome drink or gift (beyond the resort-specific candy that every CL has). We enjoyed our stay very much, but what you receive upon arrival may differ based on what CM is working. We did receive a personalized, curbside greeting and tour upon arrival, but from what I understand, that’s hit and miss as well. It’s kind of luck of the draw.

Last edited:
I just want to throw out there that it doesn’t take anywhere near 13 minutes to get to the lounge from a cottage suite. It doesn’t even take that long to get to Epcot! It’s maybe a 5 minute journey from the cottage suites to the lounge (give or take a minute, depending on how you catch the elevator). I’m not sure I understand the comment about asking for extra towels...housekeeping brought fresh towels every day, as they do at each resort. And we never use ice buckets anywhere (they kind of gross me out tbh). Bugs should be checked for at every resort...they’re a problem in Florida, in general.

Whether or not the cottage suites are worthwhile is very subjective. In the interest of full disclosure, we received a free upgrade. But I was thrilled. I think the rooms are adorable and we appreciated the extra space. I also like having a separate shower. One other thing was that it was nice not to hear flushing toilets or loud kids (or adults) above or below us or outside the door. It’s in a very quiet area of the resort.

It is a bummer that you have to go outside to go to the lounge. We didn’t find that to be a big deterrent, but some people might. It’s a little inconvenient to get to the Boardwalk itself from there as well. I also find the layout of the Boardwalk to be rather confusing, and not being in the main building complicated that. Fortunately, my DH is great with directions, so I didn’t get lost.

The reason why it took us long to lounge is my health. Bottom line.,The older you get more slower you get. As to why needed more towels we take more showers a day. Ice buckets to keep wine chill. Bugs were in the shower and tub. We were staying during “wet “ season. Yes we lived in Fla. BW or Disney shouldn’t taken jacuzzi out.
When you get to be my age you see how it is. Life isn’t a fast lane, try to slow it down and enjoy all the details and please stop smell the roses.

The reason why it took us long to lounge is my health. Bottom line.,The older you get more slower you get. As to why needed more towels we take more showers a day. Ice buckets to keep wine chill. Bugs were in the shower and tub. We were staying during “wet “ season. Yes we lived in Fla. BW or Disney shouldn’t taken jacuzzi out.

Ok...in that case, it would take you longer to get anywhere then. A 13 minute travel time from the cottage to the lounge is not typical of the average person. And the necessity for more towels isn’t because of the resort you stayed at...it’s because you choose to use a new towel each time you shower, when many people would reuse the towel within the same day. (And I’ve seen multiple reports of housekeeping delivery taking awhile at many resorts). Needing the ice bucket would also occur anywhere.

It just seems like many of the issues you pointed out aren’t specific to the cottage suites, or even to the Boardwalk. I understand you were underwhelmed with the room, but I’m not sure some of your other points are of concern for someone considering a stay in the cottage suites. That’s all.

Ok...in that case, it would take you longer to get anywhere then. A 13 minute travel time from the cottage to the lounge is not typical of the average person. And the necessity for more towels isn’t because of the resort you stayed at...it’s because you choose to use a new towel each time you shower, when many people would reuse the towel within the same day. (And I’ve seen multiple reports of housekeeping delivery taking awhile at many resorts). Needing the ice bucket would also occur anywhere.

It just seems like many of the issues you pointed out aren’t specific to the cottage suites, or even to the Boardwalk. I understand you were underwhelmed with the room, but I’m not sure some of your other points are of concern for someone considering a stay in the cottage suites. That’s all.
To me, I fell like you have no respect for your elders. If you just listen, you would understand
Towels duh water goes everywhere., towels do the pool too. Towels for us drying of at front door so won’t have water following us.,Remeber I said wet season. We were there three days before the hurricane.
We did stay at BoardWalk Inn, Villias and Cottage . When you pay for a suite ($600 a night ) and you were told yes there a jacuzzi and then you found out there aren’t, wouldn’t you be upset too. Yes the cottage is nice but not that nice as the suites.

We have stayed at BWI club level three times and have loved every stay. We have never had an experience where the lounge was packed. We must have been there at the perfect time of year (October and May). The cottages are located close to the “quiet “ pool and by no means would it take someone 13 minutes to get back to the club level lounge. I agree with KrazeeK120, five minutes at the most. I am also confused about the guard comment. During all of our stays we have seen food and drinks leaving the lounge area. The cottages decor is spot on with the theming of the Boardwalk Inn. The romantic nature to me comes from the quiet location of the cottages, the picket fences, and landscaping etc...

For us, we have always booked a club level boardwalk view room. We just could never justify the cost difference and the little bit of inconvenience staying in the cottages. If we were to get a free upgrade we would be thrilled, but for us we use the money saved to do an extra special meal or meals. If you do stay club level, I do recommend visiting the lounge for breakfast or appetizers. The CM’s at the BWI are the best.

My husband and I stayed at a garden suite (cottage) in January 2017 for Marathon weekend. We loved it!

We were in one of the rooms with the balcony--I requested it and was so happy to receive it (it was even ready when we arrived around 10 am!)

There were no jacuzzi jets in the bathtub, just a large soaking tub. But the quiet pool and jacuzzi are right across from the room so it was easy to get to.

The lounge wasn't difficult to access at all. It only took us a few minutes, and I was usually pretty stiff and slow due to my runs each morning (I was doing the Dopey challenge, 40.6 miles over 4 days.) We never had issues finding a seat. There was always plenty of food and the staff was very friendly and helpful--going out of their way to find a type of yogurt they normally don't stock, because I mentioned it was something I like to eat post-run.

The weather during that particular weekend was very cold, and on the night after my final run (26.2 miles) we really enjoyed having the extra space to just hang out in our room. It was definitely a splurge, but we really enjoyed staying in the suite. We have 4 children and don't get to go away, just the two of us, often.

To me, I fell like you have no respect for your elders. If you just listen, you would understand
Towels duh water goes everywhere., towels do the pool too. Towels for us drying of at front door so won’t have water following us.,Remeber I said wet season. We were there three days before the hurricane.
We did stay at BoardWalk Inn, Villias and Cottage . When you pay for a suite ($600 a night ) and you were told yes there a jacuzzi and then you found out there aren’t, wouldn’t you be upset too. Yes the cottage is nice but not that nice as the suites.

Wow. There was absolutely nothing in my post that was disrespectful. At all. I am listening, and I am responding to what I read.

I just didn’t want people thinking that it takes an “average” person 13 minutes to get to the lounge. Yes, there are people with various health issues or disabilities, but their travel time (anywhere) isn’t representative of the general population. It doesn’t invalidate their struggles in any way, and it’s not disrespectful to point out that your experience is different than that of a typical tourist.

And, I apologize, but I don’t have any experience with water going everywhere.

Yes, I’d be upset if I was told an amenity existed when it didn’t, but this is the first time you’ve mentioned that happening.

I do try to stop and smell the roses. I enjoy things for what they are and don’t get caught up in tiny details, and try to be a positive person and good role model for my young son.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter