Boardwalk Inn vs Villas Question

Supermom3

DIS Veteran
I'm looking to rebook our cancelled trip with the free dining promotion, and I'm looking at The Boardwalk. There's availability at the Inn in a standard view room and at the Villas in a standard view studio. I'm looking at opinions about which to book. Aside from sleeping arrangements, I'm not too sure what the difference in the two is.

The cost is more or less the same. We are a family of 5, 2 adults & 3 teens. We love the location of Boardwalk. I understand it may be tight, but given that this will be a short trip with little time spent in the room, I'm looking for primarily location and ease of transportation as my main factors. We could also do a Garden Wing Standard room at The Contemporary, if that influences opinions. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I’ve stayed in both but not with 5 people (with 4—3 adults and 1 teen). Most of the differences are really location and sleeping configuration based. Villas are closer to the feature pool and the path to HS, but not close enough to be a big deal IMO. Sleeping configurations would be the bigger deal to me. My thoughts: the inn room will feel a little bigger which might be nice with the room maxed out at 5. Two of your teens will have to share a bed and that may be more comfortable to do on the real bed on the inn side as opposed to the sofa bed on the villa side.

If I were you, I’d watch some room tour videos and see which you think you can live with most. I love Boardwalk. It’s my favorite epcot area resort and would always choose to stay there over YC or BC if Storm-along Bay didn’t exist 😂. Boardwalk has a great fun vibe and I love that it’s just a tad closer to HS than the others. Haven’t stayed at CR yet so I can’t give you an opinion on it. Hopefully we will have our first CR stay this July 🤞🏻

I'm looking to rebook our cancelled trip with the free dining promotion, and I'm looking at The Boardwalk. There's availability at the Inn in a standard view room and at the Villas in a standard view studio. I'm looking at opinions about which to book. Aside from sleeping arrangements, I'm not too sure what the difference in the two is.

The cost is more or less the same. We are a family of 5, 2 adults & 3 teens. We love the location of Boardwalk. I understand it may be tight, but given that this will be a short trip with little time spent in the room, I'm looking for primarily location and ease of transportation as my main factors. We could also do a Garden Wing Standard room at The Contemporary, if that influences opinions. Thanks!!

With your family make-up, I would not do a studio at BWV. Location of villas vs. resort isn't really a factor at BW, IMHO, although you may be slightly closer to bus transportation from the resort side.

Of your choices, I would do BWI (resort) if you will primarily be at DHS/EP and CR if you will be spending most of your time at MK. We enjoy both resorts, though, as an overall resort experience, I definitely enjoy BWI more. Especially with teens, they may enjoy the pool and Boardwalk atmosphere a little more. There isn't really any ambience or nightlife at CR, IMHO.

Five grown people would be very tight in either location. At least the hotel room would have two real queen beds and probably a day bed. The studio would have one queen bed, one double sized sleeper sofa and one bunk sized murphy bed (smaller than a twin bed). A one bedroom villa would have more room, but only sleep four (one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa) unless you book with DVC and not Disney Reservation Center. If you book with DVC, you won't get the free dining offer. Check into a Family Suite at the All Stars or a two bedroom villa at BWV.

The Garden Wing at CR would give you more room, two queen beds and a day bed.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We are booked in BWI with free dining the first week of June. Now I'm just hoping that everything will be back open by then.

I'm sure it'll be a tight fit, but considering it's a short trip with very little time in the room, I figured we could manage since anything larger was considerably more expensive when I factored in the free dining.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We are booked in BWI with free dining the first week of June. Now I'm just hoping that everything will be back open by then.

I'm sure it'll be a tight fit, but considering it's a short trip with very little time in the room, I figured we could manage since anything larger was considerably more expensive when I factored in the free dining.
I think you will fit fine! Enjoy Boardwalk and have a great trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter