Boardwalk to Epcot Travel/Parking

Kody

Earning My Ears
We have made lunch reservations for Bon Voyage at the Boardwalk...can we then walk over to Epcot to spend the day? Is parking free at the Boardwalk and can we keep our car there?

We have made lunch reservations for Bon Voyage at the Boardwalk...can we then walk over to Epcot to spend the day? Is parking free at the Boardwalk and can we keep our car there?

You can valet your car there, but otherwise all parking is for guests of that resort.

What is cost of valet? I thought I read on previous thread that if you have reservations at resort you were able to park there for free. 1900 Park fare lunch and park obviously at grand floridan and tell them you are there for dining. Maybe someone was making that up?

What is cost of valet? I thought I read on previous thread that if you have reservations at resort you were able to park there for free. 1900 Park fare lunch and park obviously at grand floridan and tell them you are there for dining. Maybe someone was making that up?

You can BUT you can’t leave your car there while you go to the parks.

You can park for free to eat, not to eat AND go to a theme park afterward.

I want to say valet is $33?

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

That was pulled directly from official website under parking.

Day Guests
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels.

Yes exactly ^^ this !

The key phrase here is "while enjoying the resort" so your fine to drive to BW, park for free and dine but as pp's said you will be expected to move your car when you leave - your not supposed to leave your car at BW and visit a theme park.

BW is one of the resorts that enforces parking - so if you are allowed to park at the boardwalk (as opposed to the lot across the street) then you will likely be given a 3 hour parking pass.

The alternative; as suggested upthread is valet - if you pay to valet there is no time restriction and you would be welcome to leave your car there all day.

My family typically stays at the Epcot resorts, BC/YC/BW. Parking can already be a bit annoying at those hotels already so just think of the issues if people park there for a reservation and leave their cars all day.

The same goes for the Contemporary. You aren't supposed to park, eat, and head to MK if you aren't staying there as a guest.

If you're going to Epcot anyway. Park at Epcot in the morning. Spend a little time there. When it's time for your reservation, walk to Boardwalk through the International Gateway, and when you are done eating, go back to Epcot.

You get what you want (not having to move your car), you just have to start teh process in a different place.

Day Guests

i think the point being made is if you plan to go to the park afterwards then valet park,if you want to park for free at the hotel for your lunch reservation that would be fine but then you must move your car and park at Epcot.

Day Guests

Doesn't this answer your question? Where does this say "and go to the theme park for the day?"

Really I was looking for people's experience with this. Not trying to take advantage of the system, I'm just trying to realize how they would ever know. Is there a special section dining people park in? Do they give you a ticket that is timed?

This is our first time staying off site and using parking/cars so just trying to figure out different scenarios.

Thanks Horizons for actually stating parking is really annoying at these locations already. If it is that limited and difficult, then taking Delirium's advice.

But of course...thanks AnglTN for your input too.

Really I was looking for people's experience with this. Not trying to take advantage of the system, I'm just trying to realize how they would ever know. Is there a special section dining people park in? Do they give you a ticket that is timed?

This is our first time staying off site and using parking/cars so just trying to figure out different scenarios.

Thanks Horizons for actually stating parking is really annoying at these locations already. If it is that limited and difficult, then taking Delirium's advice.

But of course...thanks AnglTN for your input too.
They know. They've been running their resorts for a very long time. So they know and watch way more than we ever realize they do. I've been told a method or two when talking to staff
Now, the question is, what do they do about it. Often, nothing. It's very bad PR to tow cars away
Disney hates bad PR.
They hope and count on the majority of people following rules. And they do
But a few don't of course, human nature and all that.
That's why, as mentioned above, parking can be a bear at some of the resorts nearest to the parks. Hopefully those who learn about the parking limitations think about the guests that pay to stay there and hope they leave spaces for them

They know. They've been running their resorts for a very long time. So they know and watch way more than we ever realize they do. I've been told a method or two when talking to staff
Now, the question is, what do they do about it. Often, nothing. It's very bad PR to tow cars away
Disney hates bad PR.
They hope and count on the majority of people following rules. And they do
But a few don't of course, human nature and all that.
That's why, as mentioned above, parking can be a bear at some of the resorts nearest to the parks. Hopefully those who learn about the parking limitations think about the guests that pay to stay there and hope they leave spaces for them
Thank you! Once again, Ive never dealt with parking with any of our stays, so I have no clue how busy/difficult parking really is. I truly was not planning on taking advantage of the system, but figure out how to plan our day. On top of that, I didn't know how the Disney Boardwalk really was. I actually figured there was a separate parking lot for them versus the Hotel guests.

Thank you! Once again, Ive never dealt with parking with any of our stays, so I have no clue how busy/difficult parking really is. I truly was not planning on taking advantage of the system, but figure out how to plan our day. On top of that, I didn't know how the Disney Boardwalk really was. I actually figured there was a separate parking lot for them versus the Hotel guests.
Oh, I do realize that. No problem at all.
The Boardwalk is one of the hardest to figure out actually since it is both a resort and an entertainment area.

You haven't mentioned your timing, or when you are going. But there's one other parking option
Park at HS, walk, or boat, to Boardwalk.
Then walk to Epcot.
When you are done, walk or boat to HS to get your car.
This works well, or equally as well, provided you aren't trying to get back to HS well after Epcot has closed.
And also depends on where in Epcot you plan to spend your time, in FW or WS
Anyway, just another option to consider

I just stayed 6 nights at the boardwalk and it was ridiculous trying to find a parking space. Then moved to all star for 2 nights and got a front row spot with no one around. I think boardwalk was the worst parking I've ever encountered. Trattoria is hard to get to which is why I went while staying at the boardwalk, 4 minute walk from room. From Trattoria it is easy to walk to epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!