boardwalk view room request

radmcg

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at the BWV many times but this is the first time for a boardwalk view room. Are there any special request I should put in?
AHA
Rad

We have stayed at the BWV many times but this is the first time for a boardwalk view room. Are there any special request I should put in?
AHA
Rad
depends....
furthest from elevator, upper floors (4 & 5) have best views of illuminations. some of the 2nd floor rooms have huuuuuuuge balconies.
there is only one bank of elevators (near lobby), so if you have a stroller or someone who finds stairs difficult, request near elevators.
there are many stairwells throughout the resort, which we prefer to elevators when on the 2nd or 3rd floors.
i would recommend first time BW view-ers request upper floor; the near/far from elevators is up to you : going down 5 flights of stairs isn't bad, but going up them can be quite a workout :faint:). also, some feel the walk is too far from the elevators to the furthest rooms (we love the BWV interiors, so enjoy the stroll), and you might get more noise nearest jellyrolls.
here's the fantastic diagram of BWV BW view rooms (courtesy of shamus):
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg
hope that helped :)

The balcony sizes do vary. I had a 1 bedroom once above Big River on the 4th floor that had a tiny balcony that was only accessable from the bedroom. The room beneath us on the 3rd floor had a huge balcony. It was under the arch in the red section:

ry%3D400

I always request top floor. My biggest fear is getting one of the rooms on the 1st floor next to Jellyrolls. People walking on the boardwalk are very close to your room.

Thanks guys thats perfect. Is there a way to put request in on the web or do you have to go through MS. I tried when I checked in at BLT but only a couple of options were available nothing like floor or even or odd rooms. Had to call MS for that. Am I missing it on the check in site?
Thanks
Rad

Thanks guys thats perfect. Is there a way to put request in on the web or do you have to go through MS. I tried when I checked in at BLT but only a couple of options were available nothing like floor or even or odd rooms. Had to call MS for that. Am I missing it on the check in site?
Thanks
Rad

You can go into the member website and click on "contact us", give them the reservation # and what you want. Or you can call.

...furthest from elevator, upper floors (4 & 5) have best views of illuminations. some of the 2nd floor rooms have huuuuuuuge balconies.

there is only one bank of elevators (near lobby), so if you have a stroller or someone who finds stairs difficult, request near elevators.
there are many stairwells throughout the resort, which we prefer to elevators when on the 2nd or 3rd floors.

i would recommend first time BW view-ers request upper floor; the near/far from elevators is up to you ...

Any recommendations on rooms that have great views of Illuminations AND are near the elevators?

I simply ask for high room, far from elevator.

There are not too many boardwalk views close to the elevators except grand villas. The best Illuminations views are farther out.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

I have seen this diagram before, but it does not show where the elevators are or what direction the parks are at in comparison. From what I now understand, the elevators are between the x029 and x017 rooms. I also understand that the front of the resort (the promenade area) would face Illuminations, but only high fireworks will be seen. The ODD numbered rooms are the ones that face the promenade. The even-numbered rooms face the Swan.

Thanks!!

Here's a backwards arial view:
(Thanks to another poster, Granny)
BWVRoomViews.jpg

The elevators are behind the xx47 grand villas (towards the lobby)

And you can see how the end Boardwalk view rooms angle up, (xx17-xx01) giving a better view towards EPCOT to the right.

Here's a backwards arial view:
(Thanks to another poster, Granny)

The elevators are behind the xx47 grand villas (towards the lobby)

And you can see how the end Boardwalk view rooms angle up, (xx17-xx01) giving a better view towards EPCOT to the right.

That is OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks!

The elevators are far to the left of that diagram, closer to the village green view rooms.There are 2 sets of stairs in the boardwalk view area, one at the very end on the right by xx01, etc. The 2nd set is I think just to the left of xx47.

Denise

There is another section between the elevators and the boardwalk view rooms, these are preferred pool/garden except for the end (x051), they face the courtyard on the boardwalk side. I had 5051 one time, it had a limited Illuminations view. The elevators are next to x065, see this diagram:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg

There is only 1 set of elevators at BWV, they are by the front desk in the lobby on the second floor and by main pool on the first floor.

There's an ariel view in this post:

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=35478501&postcount=6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter