Bob Chapek Named CEO of Disney

The negativity around this floors Met. None of use really knows what goes on behind the closed doors of Disney. We complain about this guy that he made all these cuts etc, yet here we are constantly planning trips and spending the money. Must be doing something right??!!?
Have you ever seen the guy in person? I have. Several times at the last two D23 Expos. He reeks of corporate, out-of-touch.

Any word on who is in charge of the Parks division now?
Selecting a replacement is the first job of the new CEO :idea:
...Last idea would be an earnings stinker that is lurking somewhere. CEOs like to leave on a high note. New CEOs often like to drop a "kitchen sink" quarter soon after arrival, to lower the starting point for future growth during their tenure. Iger said "I believe this is the optimal time to transition to a new CEO". He might just mean that!
2 closed parks and reduced demand in China will cause a bad quarter :headache:

He went on to talk about Disney and Target having a new partnership for nearly 20min in a predominantly Disney Parks panel.

And those mini Disney ‘stores’ suck. We have one at a Target near us and boy what a let down. Three racks of toys and kids clothes and nothing for adults.

Any word on who is in charge of the Parks division now?
Oh, please say Kalagridis? (I know, not likely.) We miss George at DLR!

This is my concern as well... his track record makes me nervous... but I will wait and reserve judgement until we see what actually happens in the parks now. Fingers crossed...
Count me in the crowd of not happy. He has always come across to me like out of the Pressler and Harriss mold. I am concerned. :sad2:
Agree with both of you. Lots of concern at our house tonight.

Have you ever seen the guy in person? I have. Several times at the last two D23 Expos. He reeks of corporate, out-of-touch.
I see more DCA 1.0 type expansion in our future but don't worry there will be lots of merchandise. Man I hope I'm wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter