Bob Iger to step down

I seem to recall that Iger wanted to do this a lot earlier, but was convinced to stay longer...the announcement does seem sudden, but maybe we wanted to get the final clock running?

I remember this too, although I thought he'd stick around at least until 2022.

I seem to recall that Iger wanted to do this a lot earlier, but was convinced to stay longer...the announcement does seem sudden, but maybe we wanted to get the final clock running?
Yes Iger has wanted to retire several times. He was bound by the Fox deal to stay with the company until 2021. He is still doing that with this move.

Actually, don't have to wait til next week for Pete's reaction--just head over to the DCL group on facebook where he posted it!

Can someone provide a link or cut-and-paste? I ain't got no fancy Facebook.

What was the FB post where people were saying Pete was giving his opinion on this?

Chapek was picked to execute on Igers strategy and stay loyal to it. If Choosing a ceo based on that premise is the right choice that would be a different question.

This really does suck. I'm already maxed out on budget and we stick to value resorts. I can only imagine the pricing and even further slip in CM/Guest interactions. Ugh I just rediscovered my love for Disney as an adult so I'm so worried about what the next chapter is going to look like. I wonder who will take Chapek's position? Obviously I think most fans are hopeful it will be Josh D'Amaro, but he hasn't been in this current position all that long so will they really do that so quickly?

Nothing Bob Chapek has done in the parks wasn't at the direction, or at the very least with the blessing, of Bob Iger. He wasn't unilaterally making cuts unless his direction from the top was to make those cuts, reduce those hours, and staff with less full time employees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter