BOG Pre-order with DDP and 2 different room ressies

PhoenixStrength

Found my Prince Charming!
So DH and I are in a room at POP with DDP, and 4 other family members have their own separate DDP on their reservation at Fort Wilderness. We are going to BOG for breakfast and lunch and would love to avoid the long lines by pre-ordering. I made both ADRs as 6, and little chance of getting them now as 2 and 4 people, so what would you suggest for making this work? I know they say no split checks, so I'm thinking that it wouldn't work to have them apply 2 QS credits from us and the other 4 to them, but is there an option that would work? We can't really apply all 6 to just one plan each time as it still wouldn't balance out since we would be out an extra 4 but them only 2. I guess they could buy for us 2 QS meals each to balance it, but that would be more to keep track of.

Any ideas anyone?

Never tried this but do they have their own MDE account? Are they able to see this ADR as an individual? If so they may be able to apply their own credits because they pre order themselves? I think the ADR registers under them if they are named. I have never traveled with family on a separate dining plan before. Good luck. I’m sure someone else has experienced this before

Never tried this but do they have their own MDE account? Are they able to see this ADR as an individual? If so they may be able to apply their own credits because they pre order themselves? I think the ADR registers under them if they are named. I have never traveled with family on a separate dining plan before. Good luck. I’m sure someone else has experienced this before

The credits get applied when you get to BOG and confirm your pre-order. That is when you actually pay, not when you do the order. They do have MDE of their own and can see the ressie, but I'm the lead on the ADRs and would be placing the order for that reason.

I know they say no split checks, so I'm thinking that it wouldn't work to have them apply 2 QS credits from us and the other 4 to them, but is there an option that would work? We can't really apply all 6 to just one plan each time as it still wouldn't balance out since we would be out an extra 4 but them only 2. I guess they could buy for us 2 QS meals each to balance it, but that would be more to keep track of.

If it were me, I'd still preorder and ask when you get there. They may split it (we've seen reports of them doing so), they may not. Just have a plan as to where the other room will "pay" you back. They'll only owe you 2, so just do it at the next QS place you're all together.

Yes and that is why I think it might work. They have a valid ADR with you but if they have their own accounts they may be able to pre order and then pay with their DDP. When I make ADRs for my parents they can always make changes to theirs but not mine. Though they never do DDP they do charge. Never tried BOG. I was able to split all the other places we tried. A cast member confirming an order may help in this case. You can change orders and add on at that time. Maybe someone else has done this

Keep looking for a reservation for 2 as well. You can then use the one for 6 for just the other 4 people.

If it were me, I'd still preorder and ask when you get there. They may split it (we've seen reports of them doing so), they may not. Just have a plan as to where the other room will "pay" you back. They'll only owe you 2, so just do it at the next QS place you're all together.

This was my plan if noone came up with something I hadn't thought of. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission? :rotfl2: We don't mind having to arrange the other room paying us back if needed.

Yes and that is why I think it might work. They have a valid ADR with you but if they have their own accounts they may be able to pre order and then pay with their DDP. When I make ADRs for my parents they can always make changes to theirs but not mine. Though they never do DDP they do charge. Never tried BOG. I was able to split all the other places we tried. A cast member confirming an order may help in this case. You can change orders and add on at that time. Maybe someone else has done this

BOG pre-order is a little different than making changes to an ADR. Although they have separate MDE, it is only one ADR and the pre-order is by ADR, no matter how many different MDEs there are under that one ADR. The reason for not splitting checks is to make the check-out process of pre-order run seamlessly and quickly. When a CM has to make changes and what is essentially two orders, it takes time and slows down the pre-order line. That doesn't mean it isn't done, but it's not supposed to be.

So DH and I are in a room at POP with DDP, and 4 other family members have their own separate DDP on their reservation at Fort Wilderness. We are going to BOG for breakfast and lunch and would love to avoid the long lines by pre-ordering. I made both ADRs as 6, and little chance of getting them now as 2 and 4 people, so what would you suggest for making this work? I know they say no split checks, so I'm thinking that it wouldn't work to have them apply 2 QS credits from us and the other 4 to them, but is there an option that would work? We can't really apply all 6 to just one plan each time as it still wouldn't balance out since we would be out an extra 4 but them only 2. I guess they could buy for us 2 QS meals each to balance it, but that would be more to keep track of.

Any ideas anyone?

Make it simple. Have them pay for it, then you'll only owe them 2 qs credits.

They'll only owe you 2, so just do it at the next QS place you're all together.
I don't think that's accurate? If OP has two people in their party but pays for six meals, wouldn't the other party then owe OP four meal credits?

I don't think that's accurate? If OP has two people in their party but pays for six meals, wouldn't the other party then owe OP four meal credits?

They are going to BoG twice, so the others will pay one time thereby leaving only 2 meals to pay for later.

Have you considered sharing meals? Could be an option depending on your group

have You looked for 2 adrs? One for each family?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter