Bolder skirt riding up?

AZMermaid

DIS Veteran
Hi! I’ve been wearing Bolder/Sparkle Skirts for a decade and I’ve loved them. A lot! A lot, a lot. I probably have had 12ish pairs over the years. I recently bought a solid blue one in my normal size and style (swing XL). I wore it 4-6 times with no problems but now all of a sudden, the legs are riding up. Only for the first 1/4-1/2 mile and after a few good tugs, they stay the rest of the run. This has happened twice now. But…. Weather depending…. I am planning on wearing these for the DL half. Any thoughts on why this is happening? Anyone have a similar issue?

They're probably staying in place once your skin is warmer/a little bit sweaty. I have sometimes had this problem. I think it's related to the size; if they're just slightly too big or too small, they'll move around a bit until they get a little sticky from heat. I wear their skorts for Disney park touring in WDW in the summer, and sometimes in the room they are moving around a bit; a few minutes outside and it's fine.

Yeah that sounds right. It’s weird it’s so much more pronounced on this pair. Maybe just a slight difference. I’ll probably give them one more try and decide if i can manage them.

Maybe with all your training, you've lost an inch or so in your thighs. That would explain why they fit well the first several times you wore them, but now they're more loose. Have you worn any of your older pairs recently to compare?

That’s possible. The scale hasn’t changed but there could be some inches lost. I can hope haha! I wore one of my oldest ones yesterday. There may have been a tiny bit of movement but nothing I needed to adjust mid run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter