Boma opinions...

In was last at Boma's for dinner in February 2017.

For my trip later this month, have two different nights adr's set up for dinner at Boma.

If I find the dinner menu is not a winner for me, I can always cancel out my Saturday night adr there.
Might be tough replacing it with another dinner but will make that decision after the first time back this month.

Never was a fan of bread pudding but the apple dessert sounded good to me.

I favor the soups and the red meat so hope it will still be on the menu when I go.

I love Boma, and went there three times last trip. It has three different menus throughout the week; and the variety of food has seriously decreased. I think it is delicious, but for a frequent traveler, I could see why it gets stale.

I would say they should get more adventurous, but when Disney does that it seems to keep droves away. I would recommend Sanaa for anyone looking for more a kick.

Boma's menu could use a dramatic update but it is still a favorite for me.

BOMA is AWESOME....:teeth: Nuff said...:teacher:lol...I'll take a bad meal at Boma than a great meal at Tony's any day of the week.....:crazy2:

OP, it is so disappointing when a favorite slips, whether your tastes change or the restaurant is different or both.

Have you tried Sanaa? It may suit you better. We love it!

P.S. Your screen name is the best!

I've tried Sanaa. We were there for lunch- tasty, and I liked it better than Boma, but with so many other restaurants to try, Sanaa kind of gets lost for me. With that being said, their bread service is FABULOUS! I would do lunch there again for just drinks and bread service. Maybe I'll like Sanaa dinner better with more options...? Part of the reason I love going to Disney is simply for the variety of food I won't find in Connecticut, and Boma dinner has just lost the variety for me.

I think the shining star of the AKL restaurants for me has to be Jiko. We were there four years ago for my 21st birthday and were very impressed. Great wine pairings, delicious food, and an upscale yet not stuffy atmosphere.

Boma undoubtedly has my favorite breakfast, and I think that breakfast/brunch there will replace dinner in the cast of "restaurant must-eats."

Last edited:
while I can not comment on Boma for this trip a few weeks ago.. I seem to get the same feeling at most Disney restaurants. The one Buffet we did eat at the price was higher of course but the selection and the food quality went down... things were very spaced out to make it look like there was more. I looked at some of the menus at places we used to like to eat and a lot was replaced by pan fried noodle dishes I am talking about you Kona and The Wave.... the shinning stars for us were our normal and where we mostly eat DS restaurants and whispering canyon which was as of now still the same as last year. Sadly even Columbia harbor house now has hush puppies mixed in with the combo plates which I was not a big fan of when they came out... but shrimp and fish not mentioned filled in with hush puppies --mind you they taste like cardboard?????

I will be happy to get a full report for you on our December trip! Boma has always been a favorite. In fact, Dh has said if we found out it was closing tomorrow, we'd drive down TODAY for one last meal LOL.

We ate there in June and I guess it was a mixed bag for us. I liked the place, the girls loved the place but their mother and stepfather hated the place. We had one interesting opinion, he didn't really like or hate it he was meh until he tried the zebra domes. About 30 domes later he was in love and has already been asking if we are eating there on our 2021 trip.

My two kids and I had a fantastic dinner there three years ago. DS was 9 at the time and LOVED trying all the new and interesting foods. DD (7) was a little less adventurous but still loved it.

We have dinner reservations there for Thanksgiving and hoping for a great meal! DH will be joining us this time and can be hard to please, so very curious what he thinks.

Maybe I'm not being enough of a critic, but we had dinner there last month...totally enjoyed it. Definitely will go back.

We liked it the first few times we went, but we no longer go. Not sure they changed - can't say - but I got tired of the nutmeg/allspice (?) flavors, and other than that not much other seasoning that I could discern. Dh loved the soups and salads. We neither were fond of the zebra domes or bread pudding - 'Ohanas much better to us. So, I think we just tired of the flavors.

We had dinner at Boma last fall and it was good, but not something I would do again....but mostly because I like to try different places. We did have breakfast at Boma this week and it was very good...and yes they had bread pudding!

I've never been thrilled with their dinner, so I stopped many years ago. Now if they declined in breakfast quality, then I'd really be disappointed. I LOVE their breakfast buffet.

This is the way I feel exactly. We went one time for dinner on our first stay at AKL 6 years ago. For the 4 of use it was over 150$ and the food was just not my thing. The wife and kids didn't eat much and said they were hungry 30 minutes after(lucky for me we were staying CL). I promptly canceled our breakfast that we had scheduled there on the same trip a few days later. We can back two years later for a stay and tried Boma for breakfast and it was great, probably one of the best "deals" on property for breakfast.

The menu rotates, it's not the same every night. If you have a special item you want, then you should book on the night it is served. This is not recent, but I don't know if it's changed: Sundays are pot luck, or whatever they have lol.

Menu ONE: Tuesday, Friday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four:
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Watermelon Rind Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Noodle Salad
. . . Moroccan Seafood Salad
. . . Cold Station Pod Five:
. . . Avacado, Papaya & Grapefruit
. . . Peach and Jicama Salad
. . . Spinach and Quinoa Salad
. . . Fried Plantain Corn Salad
. . . Hot Station Pod Six (SOUPS)
. . . . . . Chicken Pepper Pot
. . . . . . Curried Coconut Seafood Stew
. . . . . . Chicken Corn Porridge
. . . . . . Butternut Squash Soup
. . . . . . Blackeye Pea with Ginger Juice
. . . Hot Station Pod Seven
. . . Coconut Curry Cauliflower
. . . Vegetable Lentil Kofta
. . . Fufu
. . . Potatoes
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Jollof Rice
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Whole Spiced Chicken
. . . Roasted Vegetables
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Seafood Special
. . . African Flank Steak
. . . Choice of Salmon
. . . BBQ Tamarind Salmon
. . . Coconut Curry Salmon
. . . Banana Wrap Salmon
. . . Nut Crusted Salmon
. . . Moroccan Almond Salmon
. . . Banana Curried Salmon

Menu TWO: Monday, Thursday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Asparagus and Bean Salad
. . . Melon Salad with Port Wine
. . . Cold Station Pod Five
. . . Cous Cous Salad
. . . Avocado, Papaya & Grapefruit
. . . Carrot, Coconut, Pineapple Salad
. . . Watercress Salad
. . . . . . Potato Bacon
. . . . . . Lamb & Rice Stew
. . . . . . Mulligatawny
. . . . . . Seafood Gumbo
. . . . . . Plantain Corn Chowder
. . . Peanut Rice
. . . Bok Choy
. . . FuFu
. . . Potatoes with Afritude
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Seafood Special
. . . Corn on the Cobb with Honey Butter
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Lamb Potjie
. . . Choice of Pork Loin
. . . Pepper Pot Pork Loin
. . . Coconut Curry Pork Loin
. . . Coca Cola Pork Loin
. . . Pork with apple and pear chutney

Menu THREE: Wednesday, Saturday
. . . Cold Station Pod Four
. . . Pasta Salad
. . . Kool Slaai
. . . Fennel Smoked Fish Salad
. . . Chicken with Chili Cilantro
. . . Cold Station Pod Five
. . . Avocado, Grapefruit, Paw Paw
. . . Roasted Eggplant and Bean Salad
. . . Tunisian Cous Cous Salad
. . . Ethiopian Bread Salad
. . . . . . Carrot & Ginger
. . . . . . Oxtail Barley Soup
. . . . . . Three Bean Gumbo with Sausage
. . . . . . Coconut Curry Chicken Stew
. . . . . . Moroccan Seafood Stew
. . . Peanut Rice
. . . Tofu & Green Bean Curry
. . . Fufu
. . . Potatoes with Afritude
. . . Cous Cous Marakesh
. . . Rotisserie
. . . Pap and Sheeba
. . . Seafood Special
. . . Roasted Vegetables
. . . Bobotie
. . . Crusted Prime Rib
. . . Slow Roasted Ribs

Yep. I've stuck mostly with Wednesday nights over the last 7 years or so and only once did they not have the ribs...

Thanks for posting the days of the week menus! I've never seen that before. Helps to set expectations for sure.

I love the food and it's a good excuse to visit AKL if you're not staying there.
My only minor complaint is that the buffet can be a bit crowded which seems to have gotten worse over the years. I feel like maybe they squeezed in more tables at some point.

I went Wednesday night and everything was fantastic. It was a good mix of food. Even my mom who's the pickiest of picky liked it quite a bit.

My only complaint is that it's one line and it can get quite backed up and busy.

That and it's so easy to eat way too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!