Book British Airways or Ryanair to Rome

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
My husband and I will be visiting Europe in April for our 10 year anniversary and I am looking at flights from London to Rome on April 24th in the morning. I don't know which airline I should book as I am from Canada so I have never used either.

I priced both airlines and BA out of Gatwick is currently 64GBP each for the flight that allows a checked bag. Ryanair out of Stansted is 52 GBP each for their plus fare that allows a checked bag. So the prices are quite close. We are travelling from Canada and will be there for 2.5 weeks so we won't be travelling light. A normal bag each and likely the normal 1 carry on and 1 personal item. We will be staying in London around Trafalgar Square (Charing Cross would be our closest tube stop).

Any info would be much appreciated :)

Difficult question! You'll probably get about 50% saying one and 50% the other! I prefer BA but others' opinions may vary. I suspect they fly into different Rome airports so that could be a deciding factor? Also I think BA are more generous in their case weight allowance (23kg v 20).

I'd go for the one that fits your itinerary better in terms of airport transfers out of London.

The line that serves Stansted can be terrible at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!