Book now and get a discount later?

TOBS2010

A dream is a wish your heart makes...
We are hoping to go to WDW this summer. We have the flexibility in 2 or 3 different sets of dates. I know that there are not any room only discounts, which is what we would be looking for, posted yet for anything past early June. Would we be better off booking a room now and then is it possible to be able to add the discount if and when they are available? Some other info--we are looking to book a standard room in either a moderate or deluxe. We really want to stay in a deluxe, but I cannot justify paying the rack rate for it. Thanks for your insight and thoughts.

i would book now, and then apply later even if you need to change to a lower resort. This way you definitely have a room and dont have to wait until the room is discounted only to find that the type you'd want is booked.

Book now what you are willing to pay for a resort room. That way if no discount is announced you will have a room that you are happy with.

If you are only going to stay at a certain resort/room category IF you get a discount there's no point in booking now. You may as well wait until the discounts are announced.

Having a room in advance is no guarantee that you will get the discount. The resort and room category and dates you want have to be included in the special and there has to be availability when you call or go online. To take advantage of a special you might have to be flexible with the resort and dates.

If you will have a car, I'd book before March 21 to avoid the parking fee ($24 deluxe). I'm not certain that modifying the resort and/or applying discounts will keep it as "booked before March 21," but I'd think so (and willing to put down a one night deposit now to save that fee.)

Book now what you are willing to pay for a resort room. That way if no discount is announced you will have a room that you are happy with.

If you are only going to stay at a certain resort/room category IF you get a discount there's no point in booking now. You may as well wait until the discounts are announced.

Having a room in advance is no guarantee that you will get the discount. The resort and room category and dates you want have to be included in the special and there has to be availability when you call or go online. To take advantage of a special you might have to be flexible with the resort and dates.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!