Booked a flight on Air Canada

MaryannF

<font color=purple>Very interesting...<br><font co
I took the plunge and booked AS Movies last week for daughter and I. It will be the first time she has flown. I've never been away without my husband. I started looking at air fare right away and was dismayed to find that over the course of the week the cost was going up and flight times were changed to arrive in Orlando late in the day. On Sunday I got on the phone with Sears Travel and booked Air Canada. I have only flown to Orlando once on Air Transat and was not impressed. Can anyone give me any insight into flying with Air Canada? Also, do you clear immigration and customs here or in Orlando? Thanks for any information and encouragement you can offer.

I wouldn't worry about flying with Air Canada. We just got back, our flight was from TO to Tampa. Everything was fine and we even arrived 25 minutes ahead of schedule. You'll go through customs in TO. HOwever, I wouldn't expect a great meal! I think we got some type of omlet, couldn't really tell though! You'll have no worries what so ever. Enjoy your trip!

You might want to check and see what sort of documentation you might need in order to get your daughter across the border without your husband. You may need to get a notarized letter from him indicating that he's aware you're taking her into the States.

There are others on this board with more experience than me on this subject and I'm sure they can provide additional insight.

- Mike

They don't always ask for it but just in case they do you will have it and it will save you mega hassles!

Also, if DD isn't on your passport, suggest you get her her own passport. Will also save mega hassles.

Have fun planning your trip!

Scratch
:smooth:

Luckily my daughter turns 18 this July, therefore no need for notarized letter from husband. She is in the grade 12 portion of the double cohort and this is a grad present from me. Because of the added cost and aggravation I wasn't planning on getting passports. I thought that because we are both Canadian citizens, born and raised in Canada, with Canadian parents, that we wouldn't need them. The travel agent told me that a birth certificate and driver's licence would suffice. Has there been a date set when we will definitely need passports to go to the States? Maybe this is something I need to look into further.

Sounds like you're doing a trip similar to ours Maryann...I'm taking DD for her 16th birthday in October. I hope you two have as much fun as we're planning to have ;) :). We're flying Air Canada (Ottawa/Toronto/Orlando) and I've never had a problem with them...definitely prefer them to AT. You'll go through customs in Toronto :). When are you going? Have a great trip!

Aug. 15-22
My daughter still has trouble believing that we are going. I pointed out to her that we will need to start making Priority seating arrangements around June 15 and start working on some kind of itinerary!

Have fun planning...June 15th will be here before you know it. Once you start getting PS's I find the trip begins to appear more real :).

is all you need, unless something terrible happens but then they have to give everybody at least 6 mos notice.

Maryann, you can go ahead and make certain PS already. We are going last week of August and I already have San Angel Inn, Spirit of Aloha, Cirque De Soleil, Mickey's BBQ, Hoop Dee Doo.

Check out Deb's site for which ones are available and how many days out you can book.

Happly Planning!

Scratch
:smooth:

LOL on the meal. When we order tickets, we specify Fruit Plate Meal so we get something that we can recognize. I find Orlando airport to be well organized and fast and my DS (3 1/2) loved the monorail from the gates to the main terminal building - he thought it was a ride.

I used to cross the border with drivers license/birth certificate and that is still totally acceptable but I do find it slightly easier with my passport.

Have a great trip and congrats to your daughter

thanks
jaysue

I like flying with Air Canada. You clear customs in Toronto. On our last flight there was no one to check us in so we had to use one of those express check in kiosks. Be sure to bring the credit card you used to pay for your tickets. You will need it to print your boarding passes if you have to use the Express Check In Kiosk. Passports are much easier to use in clearing customs.
They now have the giant luggage scanners in terminal two. Whatever you do, don't pack food in your suitcases. Be prepared to have any electronic equipment fully charged and operational should security ask to inspect it. Have a great trip! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter