Booked on Oasis for June

DisneyJamieCA

DIS Veteran
Pardon my questions; I realize some have been answered other places and some might be stupid, but it’s been 15 years since our last cruise and our first with kids.

1) I’ve seen we can bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom and that there is a $15 corkage fee. Does sparkling wine count? Also, would we do this in carryon or checked or it doesn’t matter?

2) I’m correct that while officially against the rules, bringing on a case of bottled water doesn’t seem to be an issue?

3) Easiest/cheapest way to get to the port is rental car? We’ll have flown in MCO earlier in the week and have rented a car then.

4) easiest way back to the airport after the cruise? Can we do a one way transfer? There are 6 in my family, 8 total in our travel party.

Thanks

1) Sparkling wine does count. Bottles should be 750 mL, so don't buy a magnum bottle :) Put the wine in your carryon.

2) It doesn't seem to be an issue, but that doesn't mean it won't be an issue. @bumbershoot has noted that there's more of a crackdown during spring break, so you should in theory be ok, but you never know. Worst case scenario - you're out a few bucks, and have to drink the stuff onboard.

3) Easiest way to Port Canaveral is with a car service. Since you're there for a few days it may make sense - and may be cheaper - to do a one way rental. Not really sure about minivan/van prices though.

4) I think getting a car service might be the best solution. You can get a transfer, but with 8 people... pricey.

3) Easiest/cheapest way to get to the port is rental car? We’ll have flown in MCO earlier in the week and have rented a car then.

4) easiest way back to the airport after the cruise? Can we do a one way transfer? There are 6 in my family, 8 total in our travel party.

We've never rented a car but we used Tony Hinds for our transportation last Spring. He gave us one inclusive price and picked us up from the airport, dropped us off at our hotel at Universal, picked us up from our hotel a few days later and drove us to Port Canaveral, and then picked us up from Port Canaveral to take us to the airport when we returned. I believe his pricing is flat and not based on the number of people. He has vans thought I'm not sure how many people fit in one. If you google his name, you'll find his web site. He's great and very flexible. If you just wanted to book him one way, I'm sure he would. He'll also make a liquor store stop before the cruise if you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter