Booking 7 Months Out for Marathon Weekend

ell13

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are new to the DVC. We bought resale Saratoga points last year and our first time using them will be for 9 nights in January when we will both run the Dopey Challenge.

We have already booked our stay in Saratoga, but we would ideally like to be in Beach Club or Boardwalk. What are the chances of getting one of those for the marathon week? We understand we'll probably have to waitlist, but I wanted to see if there are any success stories out there.

Thanks,

ell

7 months out from this year's marathon weekend I was able to get us a studio for a couple nights. I don't remember the overall availability because we were piecing together a stay from our few remaining available points at the time, so I wasn't looking for a long stay.

The nice thing about Marathon weekend is that all resorts are host resorts, so you don't have the huge competition like you do when only a few are host resorts. Also, being at Boardwalk doesn't get you anything special for Marathon weekend, unlike the Wine&Dine Half Marathon weekend, where you can walk "home" from the after-party if you're staying at BW/BC.

It would be hard but not impossible. I would wait list your resorts and hope for the best.

My friends and I always go down this time of the year and the studios book out at exactly the 11 month mark. Do you have the points for a 1 bedroom? I think you would have a better chance if you WL a 1 br than a studio.

I do not wait just for the waitlist. I will go to the member website and check everyday. Even if you piece it together. I have always gotten where I wanted to go. We are heading down to the Haunted 5K in October and we got 1 Bd lake view at Grand Floridian.

We're trying to get a 2BR. We have a 1yo and my wife's parents and grandparents are coming along too. My MiL is running the half.

Beach Club and Boardwalk are what we're after main due to the convenience of getting in and out of EPCOT which we plan to be at often. Also, with the 1yo and one of the GPs in a scooter, it will be nice to avoid the buses if we can.

Thanks for the responses.

-ell

It is a high demand time particularly for the Thurs through Sat of Marathon weekend but chance may exist particularly if willing to wait list

Note if you are thinking of staying at BCV or BWV so you can walk to the start of a race in the Epcot parking area, you cannot. Race times are early morning and you cannot enter Epcot via the International Gateway entrance until Epcot opens for the day.To get to race from BCV or BWV requires taking a bus that transports persons from those resorts in the early hours.

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not why we want to be there. Like I said before, it's the convenience to EPCOT with young and old. We've already heard that if you want to walk to the start, the best place to stay is OKW.

Thanks for the heads up, but that's not why we want to be there. Like I said before, it's the convenience to EPCOT with young and old. We've already heard that if you want to walk to the start, the best place to stay is OKW.

This year's marathon weekend program included the following.

Runners will be prohibited from accessing the start corrals from Bonnet Creek Parkway or Buena Vista Drive. You must access the start corrals through the Explore Lot at Epcot®. Runners who try to access the start corrals from any area other than the Explore Lot at Epcot® are subject to disqualification.

My wife and I are new to the DVC. We bought resale Saratoga points last year and our first time using them will be for 9 nights in January when we will both run the Dopey Challenge.

We have already booked our stay in Saratoga, but we would ideally like to be in Beach Club or Boardwalk. What are the chances of getting one of those for the marathon week? We understand we'll probably have to waitlist, but I wanted to see if there are any success stories out there.

Thanks,

ell

I tried to book the morning of 7 month window for the Saturday of the weekend, no luck anywhere for two studios or the 1 BR @ Kidani. Waitlist never came thru

Following our cruise, no problem @ 7 months to book two studios the Thursday & Friday after the marathon (AKJ - 1 value & 1 standard).

None of the BWV standard categories were open for either time frame, didn't check the preferred, sorry.

You might want to consider a split stay when initially checking, good luck.

Thanks,

ell

Maybe I'll be helping with pixie dust. I currently have Beach Club Villas booked for Marathon weekend, anticipating DH might do the half. He's not, and although I'm still toying with the idea of a solo trip, it will probably make someone's day if I cancel. So keep hoping!

Maybe I'll be helping with pixie dust. I currently have Beach Club Villas booked for Marathon weekend, anticipating DH might do the half. He's not, and although I'm still toying with the idea of a solo trip, it will probably make someone's day if I cancel. So keep hoping!

:banana:

A 2BR?

Because we're getting there on Wednesday, we may bet lucky or at least be high up on the waiting list. Apparently, BCV also has over 70 dedicated 2BRs.

My dad has been a member of DVC since 1994. I've stayed at OKW so many times I can't remember and SSR 3 times. I know own 150 pts of my own at SSR and this will be the first time I'm trying to stay somewhere other than those two.

-ell

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter