Booking a trip for April - confused with vacation packages... HELP

Ember

<font color=blue>I've also crazy glued myself to m
We want to be in Tokyo Disneyland for April 15th, 2018, for the anniversary celebrations. I would like to book the vacation package for this time but am confused as to if I should start the package on the 13th or the 14th. We depart on the 16th.

Can someone clarify this for me? My understanding is:

a) - Check in on Friday, April 13th.
- The park tickets are for the 13th, 14th and 15th. (For sure on the 15th!)
- Check out on the 15th and they'll hold my luggage for the day.

b) - Check in on Saturday, April 14th.
- The park tickets are for 14th, 15th and 16th.
*I do not need the 16th - but this leaves me without a hotel on the night of the 15th. Worst case, I'll go back into Tokyo as we fly out on the 16th.
- Check out on the 16th and depart, thus wasting the third park day admission. :(

Option A seems better, but I am concerned about not getting into the park on the 15th if we are checking out that day... And there is no clarification on the site about which days the park tickets are good for.

You want to go with option a)
Get to the park as soon as the welcome center opens (take your bags with you) you check in at the welcome centre + they will give you your vacation package which includes your tickets etc and they will take your luggage to take it to the hotel for you. Head straight to the parks (both not far from the welcome centre), enjoy! Come back to hotel in evening, pick up luggage and settle in. You then have the following 2 days in the parks (with a breakfast beforehand if you have the same package as we did. We ate as quickly as possible so not to loose the park time which was kind of wasted and they were a little disappointed we didn't stick around for all the characters on the 2nd day - they even brought some out straight to use so we could see them!! The sad thing is by doing the breakfast we missed out on the magic early morning but I do recommend the breakfast for one day at least!) On the check out day they will store your luggage for you- we enjoyed a full day in the parks. Our biggest regret of our package was that we didn't book this last night in at the hotel in a separate booking that wasn't a package- instead we trekked our way to another hotel and waited a nightmareish 2 hours for check in and the hotel was so BAD compared to the beautiful disney bubble we had been in!

We want to be in Tokyo Disneyland for April 15th, 2018, for the anniversary celebrations. I would like to book the vacation package for this time but am confused as to if I should start the package on the 13th or the 14th. We depart on the 16th.

*I do not need the 16th - but this leaves me without a hotel on the night of the 15th. Worst case, I'll go back into Tokyo as we fly out on the 16th.
- Check out on the 16th and depart, thus wasting the third park day admission. :(

Option A seems better, but I am concerned about not getting into the park on the 15th if we are checking out that day... And there is no clarification on the site about which days the park tickets are good for.

I decided against a package because the cost didn't benefit me, but may I ask are you looking at a package through a foreign travel agency or through Tokyo Disney Proper. The reason I ask, is sometimes the Japanese packages include fun extras like breakfast or extra fast passes. I would make sure your package doesn't cost more than doing things a la carte unless you are getting some sort of benefit like extra passes. As I said, for us the cost of the package was much higher than booking a la carte, but when I stayed at the Keihan near Universal Osaka, my package was a very good deal and much cheaper than booking everything separately would have been.

For us, we visited Tokyo Disneyland the same day we checked out. Since we were still suffering from jetlag, we just got our bags together and takyuubinned them to our hotel in Kyoto. We left our overnight bag with bell services and went to the park until we had to get our bags and take a train to Tokyo to transfer for a shinkansen.

In your case, if you are leaving Japan on the 16th, I would see if you could takyuubin your suitcases directly to Haneda or Narita (whichever airport you are using) and just leave a small overnight bag at the hotel.

You can also if you want to spend your last night in TDR just switch to regular hotel room and not part of the package. When I was looking at packages, I was able to book a package for one of my nights but not the other. The cast member at TDR I spoke with told me I could book the 1 night at TDR with the package and the other night as just a hotel night. You might be able to even have them let you stay in the same room if you book the same room category and talk to the cast members at check in.

If money is no object, if you don't want to stay at TDR the night post your package (the night of the 15th) I would highly recommend the Tokyo Station Hotel. It's literally at Tokyo Station which makes for an easy trip from TDR and an easy trip to Narita. Their breakfast buffet was the best I had in Japan and they will take your bags down to the NEX for you. They will meet you at the NEX/shinkansen, but I don't know if they will at the Keiyo line. You would need to email them. Their staff speak very good English.

Thank you both, that was all EXACTLY what I needed to know and I really appreciate the help!

Option A - The hotels will hold your luggage for the day. The Ambassador held our until we got the Airport limo bus. No problems - We were there in early November. We booked a 2 night package at the Ambassador and had park hopper passes good for all 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter