• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Accomodation?

Boo Boo Too

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give any tips about booking accomodation at WDW? I like the deluxe resorts, but want to ensure that I don't pay more than I have to (hmmm, maybe I should have become an Accountant like my brother....!). My husband always laughs that I spend hours to just save a few pounds...

I am currently looking at a room only rate of $202 (American travel web site) per night for a room (resort view and balcony) at the Swan/Dolphin for five nights 4th Aug to 9th Aug (no myy holiday isn't really that short - doing a cruise beforehand and a couple of nights in Miami before flying home...). This seems like a very good rate to me (I have stayed in the Swan before - think it is a nice hotel and great location), but like to "shop around".

Can anybody recommend some websites to look at (no, I don't qualify for any discounts) - if that doesn't contradict the board's rules?

Can people also tell me if the Disney packages are really good value for money? Looking at a standard room at the Yacht Club, with the "Disney Resort Magic" package, it works out at just over $2300. That's $460 a day for two people: seems a lot more than the cost of a deluxe room at the Dolphin + an Ultimate Park Hopper Pass. Is it worth it?

I look forward to people's opinions (to help me through the mine field of decisions which booking a holiday at WDW appears to be...)

Boo

Hi - the website you want is www.mousesavers.com or I think they are also listed on The Dis, but I'm not sure exactly where.

I got a rate of $155 /night at the AKL with one of the codes I found on mousesavers which I thought was pretty good. I think there are not many discounts out right now, but more are expected soon.

I tend to think the packages are not a good deal, but sometimes they have them discounted and they work out better, you need to weigh up all the options.

Bev

Hi there Boo :p
I have been scanning these boards avidly for 3 mths looking for a cheeper way of doing the Disney Thing :) and boy did i find it!!!!!

Try a woman called Tink at Your magical journeys. It is an american company run by 5 Disney fans (all women)Ha Ha!

They really are amazing they will book rooms, car, passes etc. These people have good contacts and get amazing rates. Not only that they keep on trying to get you a better rate until the day you arrive.

I am using them for my next trip in June 2003. Though i am still waiting for next years rates. They dont charge you they put the cost to disney so really their service to you is for free.
I wish you luck Check out their website www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

Enjoy
Nikki uk

P.S if you need more info please contact me :smooth:

Sometimes sinificant discounts are offered to people who have annual passes to WDW. For example, this summer sees 30% discount at most of the hotels (although some of the discount codes available to anyone are almost as good - see mousesavers as Bev suggested). It might be worth buying an annual pass for at least one of your party which would qualify you to book WDW hoyel rooms at AP rates.

Regards

Rob

Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions.

In particular, thanks to Nikki: "Your Magical Journey's" certainly did come back with a very competitive quote (far better than anything else I have seen).

I am very tempted (Yacht Club or Grand Floridian), but having difficulty persuading my husband: we have stayed at the Swan before and he wants to stay at the Dolphin this time (it is ALWAYS a nightmare to get him to agree to try something new!!!). Anybody got any reasons I can use to persuade him that staying at a WDW deluxe property is better than the Dolphin (which is very nice and very well located anyway)?

Boo
(married to "Mr Adventurous"... :mad: )

Hi Boo
I am glad the ladies could help you with a price...I told you they were good:smooth:
Show him the pictures of Stormalong Bay and tell him that the rates for B/Y club may still come down in price!
My hubbie dose not understand my passion for Disney :confused: and thinks we should stay OFF SITE.
Is he mad or what:confused:
Good luck
Take care
Nikki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter