Booking question with two contracts

biged9973

Earning My Ears
We have two 100pt contracts at the Poly. We were planning a big family vacation next year utilizing our banked 2019 Dec UY points and our 2020 UY points. I'm unsure if my sister's family will be able to come now due to the economic impact on her family by the COVID 19 pandemic. My question is will I be able to make one reservation at my 11 month window for summer 2021 using only my 2019 banked points so we could delay our big family vacation until 2022?

Dec 2019 banked points will roll into Dec 2020 points.

The Dec 2020 points will then expire 30th Novembermber 2021.

The points are valid for the date you travel, not date you book.

So you wont be able to use your 2019 points for a 2022 trip.

My understanding is that yes, you can specify when you make your 2021 reservation that you want to use the banked points from 2019, as long as that trip happens before Nov 30, 2021. Then you can bank the 2020 points into 2021 for use prior to Nov 30, 2022. I have my first trip coming up in Aug and I have banked points from 2019 (Aug use year). I am using all of my banked 2019 points and then a few of my 2020 points.

We have two 100pt contracts at the Poly. We were planning a big family vacation next year utilizing our banked 2019 Dec UY points and our 2020 UY points. I'm unsure if my sister's family will be able to come now due to the economic impact on her family by the COVID 19 pandemic. My question is will I be able to make one reservation at my 11 month window for summer 2021 using only my 2019 banked points so we could delay our big family vacation until 2022?
When you book online, it will use the banked points before using any current points.

The system will always pull banked points before using current UY points. If you have banked points from each of your contracts, be sure that you check both when booking.

You May get a message that make it seem like it’s not taking all of them from both contracts, but keep going and book it. At the end, the points summary will show that it did.

And if, just if, the online system does screw it up, you can call member services and have them fix it. At one point I was juggling 12 different reservations (one night night pre and post cruise for 6 families of friends) and mine did get screwed up. I called in and they fixed it for me just fine!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter