• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking Restaurants Early?

wilki32

Mouseketeer
Going over to Orlando 16th of October (only 3 months...wahey) and want to get good seats to watch the fireworks at Epcot on the 29th of Oct. I've been told the best seats will be in the Rose & Crown, is this true and how do I go about booking them? Also hearing different reports on whether there is night before check in with Virgin on the way out and also whether we can drop the bags in early on the way back...please help.

Have a look at http://www.wdwig.com/reserv.htm - this explains the system (PS - Priority Seating) which Disney use to allow you to "reserve" tables. You can book most restaurants this early (although which can be booked when should be explained on that page). http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm is also useful - has menus for each of the WDW restaurants: I used this to help me to plan where to eat for my trip (in a few weeks).

Just phone the PS number (after you have chosen where you want to eat and when - maybe have some back-ups, just in case) and request what you want. The operator will give you reservation numbers. I don't believe that it is possible to request "table locations": I tried to do this for Ohana's (wanted a good view of the MK fireworks), but was told that I needed to do this when I arrived at the restaurant.

Will let someone else explain Virgin's "night before" check-in: I have never used it. In the meantime try doing a search, on this forum, for "twilight" (they call it "twilight check-in") - I have seen posts on here before about it.

Hope this help.

Boo

Twilight checkin is in operation at Gatwick to checkin from I think 15:30 to 21:00 on the night before your flight.

Downtown Disney checkin is still closed and unlikely to reopen in the near future.

Thanks for the info guys enjoy your holidays, unfortunately we won't be out there until October but its a damn site closer than when we booked it last September.

:bounce:

Wilki

Outside tables cannot be guaranteed...needless to say, most everyone who is eating at the R&C want an outside table for Illuminations. It <i>used</i> to be that you could turn up early and request an outside table and then wait until one became available, but I've heard that they've stopped that now. By all means, mention it when you arrive for your PS, but it's just the luck of the draw if you get an outside table I'm afraid.

Penny :D

No, you won't be able to see the firworks from inside the Rose & Crown, but I have heard that the diners from inside the restaurant were able to go outside to watch Illuminations. However, I don't know whether this is still done - anyone know for sure?

If you end up inside what about your half eaten or just delivered food when the fireworks start?;)

Ken

This is great got a countdown and plenty of people giving me info, to the people who asked a question...I haven't got a clue. Kenbar, I've only been once in 2000 but if the fireworks are anything like then I will definately leave the food and pick up a burger or pizza on the way home. Thanks again to all. God I'm all excited again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter