Booking through Disney or Virgin

Realfoodfans

DIS Veteran
We’ve always booked through Virgin but wondering what benefits others feel ( if any ) of booking direct with Disney?

The previous 2 holidays we booked through virgin. The-holiday-that-never-was (should have been flying this Saturday) we booked flights through virgin and then room with dining plan through Disney. It was a cheaper option.

The previous 2 holidays we booked through virgin. The-holiday-that-never-was (should have been flying this Saturday) we booked flights through virgin and then room with dining plan through Disney. It was a cheaper option.
Sorry your trip is stopped. Do you know do Disney ever do the free dining plan for UK visitors that is available sometimes for US visitors? Are you rebooking or waiting now?

I book the best flights I can, when they are released at around 11 months; not the day they are released but about a week to 10 tens later. For some reason the prices on day 1 are high but then drop. I search BA, Virgin and partner flights with AA, KLM, Delta etc. Then I check resort prices on the U.K. WDW site and contact a US travel agent for a quote. The US booking terms and conditions are a lot more flexible than ours and the US TAs work hard for their commission, looking for and applying discounts as they are released etc. There is no penalty for changing resorts, dates etc. and the TAs don’t charge you, the customer anything for their services. Good luck and enjoy your planning.

@Welsh_Dragon thank you. I always love the planning and booking but I have noticed US guests can chop and change so much more than us. Just holding fire now as due to go October 21 thinking might wait until Easter 22 though DGS loves going at Halloween!

Sorry your trip is stopped. Do you know do Disney ever do the free dining plan for UK visitors that is available sometimes for US visitors? Are you rebooking or waiting now?
We booked through Disney to secure the free dining and also a $100 gift card. If we had booked even earlier, the gift card amount would have been higher (according to Alanandline.)
We have booked to go to Disneyland Paris next August as we still don’t feel things at WDW will have settled down by next summer. We are really hoping that we can return in 2022. 🤞

We booked through Disney to secure the free dining and also a $100 gift card. If we had booked even earlier, the gift card amount would have been higher (according to Alanandline.)
We have booked to go to Disneyland Paris next August as we still don’t feel things at WDW will have settled down by next summer. We are really hoping that we can return in 2022. 🤞
We had free dining with Virgin last time - it really was great and another planning miracle to use up all our credits! We went to DP a few years ago but will wait for WDW now whenever that happens!

Have you a trip planned at the moment?
we were due to go this July but had to cancel. Hoping to return 2022 when things have settled 🤞
You'd get a quicker refund from Disney if it was required!
This is true! Our Disney refund was in the bank within a week. Still waiting on VA to refund the airport tax from our flights or even to tell us how much they’ll refund and we cancelled in April. We had to cancel due to issues other than covid so are doing a claim on insurance. Virgin Atlantic have been dreadful to deal with. Refuse to deal with the simple question of how much tax we are due back and actually ignore some emails altogether. So disappointed as we’ve been loyal customers for many, many years and I always prefer to book with them. Always found airline staff to be among the best but their dealing with this issue is deplorable!

we were due to go this July but had to cancel. Hoping to return 2022 when things have settled 🤞

This is true! Our Disney refund was in the bank within a week. Still waiting on VA to refund the airport tax from our flights or even to tell us how much they’ll refund and we cancelled in April. We had to cancel due to issues other than covid so are doing a claim on insurance. Virgin Atlantic have been dreadful to deal with. Refuse to deal with the simple question of how much tax we are due back and actually ignore some emails altogether. So disappointed as we’ve been loyal customers for many, many years and I always prefer to book with them. Always found airline staff to be among the best but their dealing with this issue is deplorable!
We use Virgin if they are available wherever we fly. Have you tried the complaints process? Very disappointing they are doing this to you (and presumably others).

We use Virgin if they are available wherever we fly. Have you tried the complaints process? Very disappointing they are doing this to you (and presumably others).
We lodged a complaint about a month ago. I was willing to give them 2 1/2 months to sort it out but our insurance company won’t process the claim until they know our exact refund from VA and I’d really like the £4000 back in my bank. They just came back saying sorry you are not happy, your claim is being processed and no we can’t tell you how much you will be getting back😡. Blimin flight has been cancelled anyway as it happens so how hard can it be to refund airport taxes for a flight not taken. Had we known the flight was going to be cancelled we probably would have just let them refund the whole thing but unfortunately we didn’t know that back at the beginning of April and we knew I wouldn’t be able to fly as I’ve been going through some health issues so we cancelled and made a claim on our holiday insurance. I just want it sorted at this stage as it’s adding unnecessary stress to an already stressful situation! Giving them until the end of July as that will be past the 100 day mark before complaining again!

Yeah it's been terrible comms on VA and VS. I get it they are not making any money, so have clearly had to furlough their back office staff who would process the payments. However it shows that they are running on dated systems if they have to get a person to process a refund, and can't let the system deal with the refund.

BA have been brilliant with flight refunds made within a few days of them cancelling flights. Young adult son is Flying from Cardiff to Barcelona today with Ryan Air. I won’t be convinced that the flight is going until it actually takes off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!