bordwalk - asking for someone else

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
my brother is getting married in the summer and wants to go to disney for honeymoon the following easter. i have a feeling he may be shocked by the orice having not been since he was a child (he is now 37.

he has he heart set on the boardwalk. they have 3 children who will be 3 7 and 13. whats the best way for them to book? should they try and rent dvc points? as they will want to control costs they may want to be on the dining plan which i knkw rules out villas.

i know offsite etc may be their best option but just trying to help make it work for them for what they want.

which is the cheapest onsite resort where you can get a larger room to give you space?

It is worth pricing up Disney UK website when the free dining offer for next year comes out, and DVC rental through an agency (David’s has a calculator that will give you an indication of cost for your dates). See what each looks like.

You can pay to add dining onto villa rental bookings without having to buy park tickets as part of the package, there is info on how to do this on the dvc rental pages. Often renting dvc points and then paying for dining plan works out cheaper than booking Disney uk with free dining, but it depends on dates and room availability.

Bear in mind that you can only book dvc rental 11 months out if the agents can find someone with home points at the right resort. Otherwise you will have to wait until 7 months out. Booking via Disney uk you can lock in your booking earlier, although I don’t know when free dining is usually released.

We recently did a split stay - 1 week with free dining from Disney uk with 14 day tickets and 1 week dvc rental room only. This might be a good compromise? We find the dining plan to be rather restricting, and spend less out of pocket than we would on the plan, but when it is included in the room rate it can be a good deal especially for a family.

The Dolphin has suites and they usually offer discounts throughout the year. Whilst not directly on the Boardwalk, it's only a couple of minutes walk and some of the rooms do have a view across to the Boardwalk.

The Dolphin has suites and they usually offer discounts throughout the year. Whhadntilst not directly on the Boardwalk, it's only a couple of minutes walk and some of the rooms do have a view across to the Boardwalk.[/QUOTE

hadnt even thought of that. will recommend a look. would have looked for our upcoming trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter