Borrowed v. Banking Points Return

Got it. You could have banked your points in March when all this was going down. You hadn't passed your banking window yet. Not sure if DVC will be as lenient for those with Aug UY and later because of this.

And just to re-emphasize, those with Aug UYs will likely at least have an opportunity to book something (availability aside) in June and July with those returned points. Those of us with June UYs have no other DVC options. We're just left hanging in the wind. DVC made a choice. We didn't and don't have any.

And just to re-emphasize, those with Aug UYs will likely at least have an opportunity to book something (availability aside) in June and July with those returned points. Those of us with June UYs have no other DVC options. We're just left hanging in the wind. DVC made a choice. We didn't and don't have any.
Wonder if DVC will get back to us with some sort of offer. Any communication at all? other than the RCI

Yes, we know. We have discussed at length what happens with the June UY folks, of which I am one. I was replying to nagshead regarding their particular situation.

My predication is that by May 1st, they will have a better idea of it all, and when park is opening, As frustrating as it is, I said in another thread that I think no news is good news.

I think you are right. I do feel like that May 1 date they may have some sort of update. Our plan is to sit tight and wait for that. If they say they’ll be open June or July we will attempt to rebook during those dates. If they say things are looking like August or sept then we will have to seriously consider RCI or take our chances that they’ll offer some type of remediation for people who had stays booked during closure (I realize they are not required legally to offer anything, I’m saying if they decided to from a customer service standpoint)

I think you are right. I do feel like that May 1 date they may have some sort of update. Our plan is to sit tight and wait for that. If they say they’ll be open June or July we will attempt to rebook during those dates. If they say things are looking like August or sept then we will have to seriously consider RCI or take our chances that they’ll offer some type of remediation for people who had stays booked during closure (I realize they are not required legally to offer anything, I’m saying if they decided to from a customer service standpoint)

I also know right now all the divisions are dealing with the furlough and working those details out,

So, I wonder if that might be playing a role in it taking time, because any sort of solution that involves Disney parks and resorts, might be slow due to what they are currently dealing with.

This is our plan, we have a reservation that we rented out at the end of April. We will wait for Disney to cancel it then bank what we can. The majority of the remaining points we may try to use by AUG but probably going to end up in RCI to be sorted out later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter