Boss almost gave me a heart attack

Disney Anna

DIS Veteran
About a week ago I asked my direct boss if I could have time off for vacation. He didn't get back to me, but I booked my 4/3 anyway. No real risk (except breaking my heart) bc I have time to cancel and I used one free voucher for trip, etc.

Anyway, I messaged him yesterday while I was in training asking if he could confirm that my vacation was okay. He wrote back saying he wasn't sure; that there may be some important things going on during that time and he needed time to decide. Yikes! He also asked if I could re-book for another time.

I wrote back saying yes, I could, but would prefer not to. I then get message from him saying he spoke to his boss-the BIG BOSS-who said, "Go ahead, take a day, take a week, take the REST OF YOUR CAREER." I almost got sick. Till I read further where my boss said that BB was just joking. That it was more than fine for me to go, to keep my booking and have an awesome time.

YOWZA!

I think my boss realizes that such a joke would be followed up by a punch in the face.

We have an understanding. :)

I would have been in tears!

I made sure on my request off to put in huge letters that we are going to Disney(meaning this is a really important trip not just some run of the mill trip). My boss thinks it is funny so I expect her to try something like schedule me one day during that week I took off.

It was horrible. My heart sank. Of all the times to nix a vacation, the one time when I have convinced DH to come, and I've spent so much time planning.....thank goodness it was just a joke.

I nearly had a heart attack just reading your story! Phew!! Glad he was joking!

That's just rude!

Especially in this economy....where 1000's of people are losing jobs everyday, every company is cutting back.

I am normally the first to "get the joke", but that is uncalled for.

It's like saying to someone on Sept 12th, 2001 - "My best friend was crushed when the Twin Tower's fell".
"Oh really, I am so sorry to hear that"
"Nah, just kidding... got you succcckkker!!!"

Not FUNNY!

I'm glad you got the time.:thumbsup2

I would have needed an extra week to recover from the shock of his message.

Moving this one to the ThemeParks Community Board.

Thanks,

Knox

Yikes! This is horrible. My heart will probably stop beating if I am the one received those message then broke my computer like this :badpc:

Glad it was just a joke. :lmao:

I have to say that his response was totally inappropriate, especially with the amount of people loosing their jobs these days. To me, that was not funny at all. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter