Boulder Ridge Room Renovations

love love love the BRV lobby, the lake views the proximity to the main lodge, and loved our stays there in a studio. The rooms did appear last time that they need to be redone. Hope they do it right, and not a sloppy redo.

Are they in the process of renovating them or is it finished? I’ll be there in about a month in a studio I’d be happy to take photos.

Any updates on when this will be happening? Our 2020 dues paid for this, so it should still be happening, right?

Any updates on when this will be happening? Our 2020 dues paid for this, so it should still be happening, right?
It wasn't just 2020 dues. Refurbishment is paid for via multiple years of dues. Lot more expensive than a single year.

That said, timing is not contractual. The money has to be used for refurb, but the dates are not set in stone.

I suspect it is being postponed because with DVC open and limited cash resorts, and Saratoga in progress, they don't want to start ripping it up. Also, if they started in Q4 some people would be v angry.

I will continue to hope for traditional rustic.

And completely expect to be disappointed. Especially considering what they are doing to the hotel side at WL. Oh that's so not the theme of the resort. I do like the job they did at SSR but there wasn't a very strong theme there to start out with.

And completely expect to be disappointed. Especially considering what they are doing to the hotel side at WL. Oh that's so not the theme of the resort. I do like the job they did at SSR but there wasn't a very strong theme there to start out with.
I miss the lumberjack plaids and rustic fabrics they used to have before the last renovation. Changed the look from Yellowstone to Grand Canyon.

I am with you! I want them to keep the rustic theme PLEASE. That is what we love about the lodge!
I miss the lumberjack plaids and rustic fabrics they used to have before the last renovation. Changed the look from Yellowstone to Grand Canyon.
Given that WL was inspired by the Old Faithful Inn, that was a sad departure for us, too.

Does anyone know if they did any test rooms yet for BRV? I know at SSR there were several test rooms done and they asked guests who stayed in them for feedback.

Any more news on when they will be starting? I'm thinking of doing a split stay there. But very doubtful I will get anything for next November with the 50th going on and lots of people who banked their points into next year. But here's wishing that I can get a few days and the refurbs will be done.

Hopefully it will be in the members meeting. That's tomorrow, correct, Dec 10?

Too many probing questions?
My thoughts exactly - although they did require that questions be submitted in advance, in writing.... I can't remember whether they did that in the past or just took questions from the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter