Boulder Ridge view

toniosmom

AKV, BCV, BLT Owner!
Hi -- We stayed at Boulder Ridge (when it was called VWL) before Copper Creek was created. We loved the resort, but I was disappointed with the lack of view from our room. We could only see trees and it felt a little claustrophobic. I'm a beach baby, so I love a more open view, especially a view of the water. With the addition of the CC cabins, is the view to the water less obstructed? We want to travel in November and CC is booked (which may have given me the open view I'm looking for), so BR is likely our only option.

Thanks all! Stay safe!

View still isn't bookable so you can end up.with woods view, or views that are pretty obstructed. There are some units with nice views but they are luck to get. A couple are on ends.of hallways, which are a hike.

The Villas at Boulder Ridge run basically North to South - (somewhat northwest to southeast) , which means the rooms basically face east or west. Rooms facing west are getting Trees. Rooms facing the east may be a tad more varied as they face the pool, the cabins, and Bay Lake. But also trees. The did cut down a bunch of trees for the cabins, but the replaces a bunch, so the view may be less obstructed, but it is not unobstructed.

But as @_auroraborealis_ pointed out, there is no view category, but I suppose you could call MS and make a request. In general, however, BRV is not really the place for an open view.

We had a beautiful view when we stayed there last June! We were on a high floor facing the boulder ridge pool. I will look back thru my pics to find a picture for you.

My last BRV we were second to last unit on the long hallway. View was fabulous.

But I expect a lot of people who get that room hate the walk.

I wonder if I'm the only one who'd love to have those hawks greeting me every morning. I can't tell if those are Cooper's Hawks of Red-Tailed. I remember being at BCV once, in a woods view, and I was so pleased that there was a Cooper's Hawk sitting in a nearby tree every morning when I went out on my balcony with my coffee. But TWO!!

I wonder if I'm the only one who'd love to have those hawks greeting me every morning. I can't tell if those are Cooper's Hawks of Red-Tailed. I remember being at BCV once, in a woods view, and I was so pleased that there was a Cooper's Hawk sitting in a nearby tree every morning when I went out on my balcony with my coffee. But TWO!!
We have Magnificent Frigate Birds that fly over our house almost daily, flying back to the small islands that they live on in the Marco River. They really are something else to see. Plus we have Ospreys that have a nest across the street from us and they fly around all day long. And then there is the Burrowing Owls. We don't have any burrows in our yard, but sometimes they hide out in our flower beds and hedges during the day.

You are not the only one! They or at least one was there every morning. My guess was Cooper’s hawks.

I saw my first frigates at Dry Tortuga NP. Then many while cruising Panama Canal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!