Boy Nearly Drowns on Oasis

A few things bother me about this.

First, he was in a wave pool alone??? He's 4 yrs old!

Second, where was the family? This is eerily similar to the 4 yr old name Chase, who nearly drowned on the disney cruise, almost like this one, an hour into the cruise. Article. In this case, Chase had gotten away from the family. They were frantically searching for him. They came across their little boy as strangers were performing CPR on him on the pool deck. Can you imagine? so sad. Anyway, Chase has brain damage. He cant talk yet, cant walk, he's making progress (im following the parents posts on facebook), as he can now lift his head. I hope this little boy isnt as severely damaged as Chase is. But by the sounds of it, that just might be the case since he was under water from 5-10 minutes. :(

A few things bother me about this.

First, he was in a wave pool alone??? He's 4 yrs old!

Second, where was the family? This is eerily similar to the 4 yr old name Chase, who nearly drowned on the disney cruise, almost like this one, an hour into the cruise. Article. In this case, Chase had gotten away from the family. They were frantically searching for him. They came across their little boy as strangers were performing CPR on him on the pool deck. Can you imagine? so sad. Anyway, Chase has brain damage. He cant talk yet, cant walk, he's making progress (im following the parents posts on facebook), as he can now lift his head. I hope this little boy isnt as severely damaged as Chase is. But by the sounds of it, that just might be the case since he was under water from 5-10 minutes. :(

Does Oasis even have a "wave" pool?

I know she has 2 Flowriders, but those are staffed when they are operating.

It is very sad that the child was injured, but there are some aspects of the story that appear to have been sensationalized to compensate for unknown facts. The only known facts (from the ship) that appear are:

- an unresponsive 4 year-old boy was pulled from a pool on Oasis of the Seas,
-the bystanders who pulled him from the pool determined he had no pulse and started CPR,
-the ship's medical staff were able to resuscitate the boy and
-Oasis returned to port to transfer the child and his family to a hospital

As a parent, this is always a fear harbored in the deepest, darkest shadows of my mind when my children get in the pool. And before more of the "where were the parents?" posts start popping up, it only takes a split second for a child to slip away when something catches their eye. Unless you were there, you don't know whether the parents were sitting at the bar having a drink or just turned their head for a second looking for a place to sit. This child's parents are currently living one of their worst nightmares, so without the full facts please don't judge them. Just simply say a prayer for the boy and leave it at that.

This child's parents are currently living on of their worst nightmares, so without the full facts please don't judge them. Just simply say a prayer for the boy and leave it at that.

Its hard not to question the parents when the kid was under water for about 5-10 minutes. But your right, this could have totally been a case like the boy Chase...he ran away from the parents and the parents have been frantically searching for him. Either way, its definitely tragic and i hope to god the kid gets better.

I get the fact that a child can wander away from the parents, but I don't see how a child can remain under water that long and NO ONE saw him all that time! Who knows the true actual circumstances though, but it is so very sad :(

you'll be surprised at how many parents are minding their own kids, their drinks, their chairs and anything but what's going on around them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter