Brave Woman!

Domo

Wotcha
Went to the local store today and on duty behind the counter was a woman who had clearly either suffered terrible burns to her face or had been the victim of a catastrophic acid attack.

And you know what?

GOOD FOR HER! She had no shame, no embarrassment. She was leading her life just as it should be led - with purpose, without regret, without fear.

Went to the local store today and on duty behind the counter was a woman who had clearly either suffered terrible burns to her face or had been the victim of a catastrophic acid attack.

And you know what?

GOOD FOR HER! She had no shame, no embarrassment. She was leading her life just as it should be led - with purpose, without regret, without fear.
:confused3 You can't possibly know this, nor whether she has any other choice but to work to support herself (as most of us must).

There's a woman's vlog I subscribe to @ youtube who sustained life altering facial and body burns inflicted by a vat of hot oil falling on her as a child. She moved to the UK for various surgeries but there was only so much they could do for her.
Still, she does well with the aftermath and is soooo life affirming both physically and spititually!

I’ve known a LOT of tough and courageous men in my life, but even more tough and courageous women.

Sometimes the victims of acid attacks are very self conscious. Embarrassed even. It's sad. We actually have a major problem with acid attacks in the UK at the moment. It's terrible.

They would only feel self conscious or embarrassed because others made them feel that.

It's sad.

Since we have few guns, these scum will turn to other means to spread their evil, be it with knives or - now - acid. Makes me sick.
....and you purchase acid.........where?

It's sad.

Since we have few guns, these scum will turn to other means to spread their evil, be it with knives or - now - acid. Makes me sick.
Seems I’ve heard it mentioned before that a criminal will find a way, yet I’m told that more and stricter gun laws are the answer.

....and you purchase acid.........where?

Believe it or not, it's not hard. You can purchased various corrosive chemicals from local stores and online resellers such as Fisher Chemicals since they do have legitimate uses.

Seems I’ve heard it mentioned before that a criminal will find a way, yet I’m told that more and stricter gun laws are the answer.

All we can do is make these lethal itms harder to get/abuse. Over here we got rid of guns, but knives appeared. Now many guns are illegal, so these maniacs started driving vans into people. So now we have barriers around areas of recreation and stations, etc. Then we had bombs, acid, and so on. It's a game almost of keeping up.

I can’t believe I’m about to defend this, but I think we need to get it in proportion. In London last year, which is where the vast majority of these attacks are happening, there were fewer than 500 incidents. In the U.K. in total (though I’m not clear on whether this is only England and Wales), in the first half of 2017 there were about 400.

It’s disgusting, cowardly and horrifying, to be sure. But as a proportion of the population, it’s still not a common occurrence, which is one of the reasons the media focussed on it. By comparison, in a country with very strict gun laws, there were 2500 firearms incidents in London alone in 2016-2017.

As for what’s going on: one of the major problems is a serious cut in police funding in England, which has led to police being overstretched, especially in area with high gang violence. That’s really all I can say without breaching the “no politics” rule.

Tigger, I agree - our police force is woefully stretched and under-appreciated. There's very little money in it and certainly no incentive to go out on patrol, for example. We need more investment in Europol and Interpol to help stem premeditated acts of aggression and terrorism and more police time to react promptly to criminal acts.

That's all I have to say for fear of points...

Really, I’m pretty sure the 9/11 attackers seized the planes using box cutters.

I didn’t say no instances, I said not too many.

I’m not risking points over this discussion that won’t change either of our minds so I’m not commenting again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter