break in attempt

we have a canary security system in our camper. We did because it will notify us if the RV is getting hot, AC went off etc. Now glad we have it, but we do have 2 dogs that love to bark when someone knocks on the door. Really sad people have to injury someone's property! So sorry for your damage!
I checked Amazon for this, but it appears that you need wifi to use it. Is this the case? Or can you simply let it communicate by 3G directly to your cell?
I ask because we go so many places with no wifi, and some that don't even have cell service.

"Anyone" can get on a bus at Disney Springs and ride right into the fort. Hopefully someday soon Disney security will start requiring hotel/fort credentials before allowing people to board buses. Also anyone can drive in for a dining reservation or to rent a boat. Makes me sad to hear about a breakin attempt - tarnishes the Disney "safe place" bubble.

"Anyone" can get on a bus at Disney Springs and ride right into the fort. Hopefully someday soon Disney security will start requiring hotel/fort credentials before allowing people to board buses. Also anyone can drive in for a dining reservation or to rent a boat. Makes me sad to hear about a breakin attempt - tarnishes the Disney "safe place" bubble.

Years ago, Disney 'did' require resort ID to board their transportation - was much smaller then. Anyone can come in to dine at any of the resorts, as you said, so ID's would never work now, also the many off site guests that can freely come and go.

Thieves are not necessarily those that are not guests anyway. Going to Disney does not automatically make you a good person - in fact may make for 'crimes of opportunity', ie. stroller theft, and others, for unscrupulous people.

Disney will never be a 100% safe place (no place is) and we each have to be aware, and make ourselves/properties as secure as we can. I don't worry about it, but I am aware, just like I'd be anywhere - just enjoy your visits!! :goodvibes

(that was the first time I'd heard about a RV/trailer break in attempt, not saying there hasn't been any there, but it would be rare)

No on the report, because the wife didn't notice until we left the property.

This should still be reported to Disney. The amount of surveillance on property would astound you, and if left unreported, the vandals will more than likely try again... perhaps on one of our coaches.

Please let Disney know about this event (your site number, date of incident, etc.) so that they can investigate it (and perhaps prevent another incident through suspect apprehension or policy changes).

Years ago, Disney 'did' require resort ID to board their transportation - was much smaller then.

What year was that? I've been going to Disney regularly since my first trip as a child in December 1971. Went every year until we moved down here 11 years ago. Now we go all the time.

I don't remember ever having to have any kind of pass to board transportation, even when it was just the monorail.

What year was that? I've been going to Disney regularly since my first trip as a child in December 1971. Went every year until we moved down here 11 years ago. Now we go all the time.

I don't remember ever having to have any kind of pass to board transportation, even when it was just the monorail.

Can't remember exact year, but it was just the MK then, and we were staying in the campground. We started going in '72.

I too remember when they asked for ur hotel ID too...I specifically recall it was POR and even the Boat and bus transport checked.
Don’t recall year though.

My sister reminded me that we did get our hands stamped at the Contemporary. They were different characters and you couldn't see them until the checked it under a light when boarding the monorail. I had completely forgotten about that...

1) Bummer!
2) Alas, nowhere is immune from crooks.
3) It is a shame that FW is so accessible to anyone wanting to break into a camper.
4) And, this is nothing new.

We have a hot spot. Yes you have to have a WiFi. Not sure what 3G is. We bought our Canary from BestBuy. But agree Disney needs too be notified of a possible break-in.

I'm sure this situation is very rare but still very surprising and somewhat unsettling.

All more reason to put a sign on door referring to your trailer "protection" inside.

View attachment 327000

Even if you don't have one, it makes them think twice.

This wouldn't work for us. We have three golden retrievers that will ask an intruder to throw the ball for them, and happily show them where the good stuff is.

1) Bummer!
2) Alas, nowhere is immune from crooks.
3) It is a shame that FW is so accessible to anyone wanting to break into a camper.
4) And, this is nothing new.

Simple, Disney just needs to have a CM perform an unannounced daily security check of all tents and campers. :teeth:

Sounds like they should be stepping up security patrol. So sorry this happened to you. I hope you emailed WDW to report it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!