Breakfast ending at Be Our Guest, restaurant to become table service only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that BoG will have the same menu for lunch and dinner, which is their current dinner menu (with possible COVID 19 type of modifications). So no more sandwiches for lunch. It'll be $62/pp from open to close, at least for right now.
You're correct. The online menu has already updated. Lunch and dinner are the same $62 fixed price 3 course meal. I think this makes complete sense right now with the park closing at 7pm. And with social distancing, the fixed price will bring in more money than a quick service lunch. I really don't see them going back to quick service after this though. Maybe adding a table service breakfast sometime.

They could do a modified character interaction...just have the beast walk through and wave, but no pics with him after your meal.

You're correct. The online menu has already updated. Lunch and dinner are the same $62 fixed price 3 course meal. I think this makes complete sense right now with the park closing at 7pm. And with social distancing, the fixed price will bring in more money than a quick service lunch. I really don't see them going back to quick service after this though. Maybe adding a table service breakfast sometime.

They could do a modified character interaction...just have the beast walk through and wave, but no pics with him after your meal.
I would LOVE a character breakfast with belle, beast and Gaston. My daughter is a huge beauty & the beast fan and we always booked BOG dinner so she could meet the Beast. She still talks about meeting him last year.

I would LOVE a character breakfast with belle, beast and Gaston. My daughter is a huge beauty & the beast fan and we always booked BOG dinner so she could meet the Beast. She still talks about meeting him last year.
I never understood why Belle wasn't a part of the package. To me, having all of the characters there in a Table Service setting like at CRT would make it more desirable. I have no interest in seeing the Beast without Belle.

I never understood why Belle wasn't a part of the package. To me, having all of the characters there in a Table Service setting like at CRT would make it more desirable. I have no interest in seeing the Beast without Belle.
I agree. I wish they had belle in her yellow dress and the beast both there for photos. We always booked akershus as well to get that nice photo of belle.

Because Belle is right next door at the Enchanted Tales experience. While the days of a strict adherence to characters being in only one place at a time are long gone, the two venues are literally next door.

Adding in Gaston presents the same problem, and would break the immersion. Of course, the Beast happily allowing people to eat all over his castle and posing for photos breaks it a bit too, but at least it’s his castle! I think it would’ve made more sense to have the reformed human Prince.

Because Belle is right next door at the Enchanted Tales experience. While the days of a strict adherence to characters being in only one place at a time are long gone, the two venues are literally next door.

Adding in Gaston presents the same problem, and would break the immersion. Of course, the Beast happily allowing people to eat all over his castle and posing for photos breaks it a bit too, but at least it’s his castle! I think it would’ve made more sense to have the reformed human Prince.
Got it. Because I no longer have littles, the Enchanted Tales experience is not on my radar. I do remember seeing Gaston around.

I, personally, don't like the Quick Service at the castle. When we had lunch there, it felt like a chaotic cafeteria. I came in expecting an experience like Cinderella's Royal Table only with the characters from Beauty and the Beast. I enjoy a nice sit-down character meal. I like waiters taking our order and bringing our food. For a castle setting, I expected a higher-end experience. Maybe now that QS is gone, it will be more like CRT.

I would love to see Belle, the Beast in whatever form, and the other characters like Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Lumiere. I would be willing to pay the Table Service price for that experience. But if that's not ever going to happen, we will continue to skip it.

There was plenty of times available today for July when I looked for our trip. I can't justify paying that much :(

My favorite ride and favorite QS wiped out within days of each other....

Disney really should start spacing these announcements out. I don’t think my heart can take much more!

My favorite ride and favorite QS wiped out within days of each other....

Disney really should start spacing these announcements out. I don’t think my heart can take much more!
What ride was scrapped? Splash mountain?

Hmmm, will it be permanent? Hope breakfast comes back.

Between the awesome theming, the 50th bringing more spenders, and BOG's proximity to TRON when it opens, I expect WDW planned to keep raising prices since plenty of guests would find reason to pay. Just isn't much of a slam dunk anymore with the economy/travel over the next couple years. I sure won't be dropping hundreds at lunch, lol.

Got it. Because I no longer have littles, the Enchanted Tales experience is not on my radar. I do remember seeing Gaston around.

I, personally, don't like the Quick Service at the castle. When we had lunch there, it felt like a chaotic cafeteria. I came in expecting an experience like Cinderella's Royal Table only with the characters from Beauty and the Beast. I enjoy a nice sit-down character meal. I like waiters taking our order and bringing our food. For a castle setting, I expected a higher-end experience. Maybe now that QS is gone, it will be more like CRT.

I would love to see Belle, the Beast in whatever form, and the other characters like Mrs. Potts, Chip, and Lumiere. I would be willing to pay the Table Service price for that experience. But if that's not ever going to happen, we will continue to skip it.

Dinner was for those in your situation who want a nicer meal. Breakfast too to a certain extent. Lunch was for those of use who love to admire the amazing castle- imagneering did such a good job- but can’t afford dinner prices and so are fine with a cafeteria experience. I don’t like long lunches anyways, I’d rather eat quick and get back to doing stuff. By dinner time I’m ready for a break, if I’m even there- usually I’m home or on my way back.

Oh, and if you’ve never done Enchanted Tales give it a try someday- it’s a great experience.

My two daughters really loved breakfast here and it was always our first step in our vacation with a PPO breakfast. I just can’t imagine paying $62 a person for a meal here that’s not the most friendly of menus for kids.

I’ll be curious to see how popular BOG is during this timeframe and if it forces them to change the menu or add more characters to get people to come.

My two daughters really loved breakfast here and it was always our first step in our vacation with a PPO breakfast. I just can’t imagine paying $62 a person for a meal here that’s not the most friendly of menus for kids.

I’ll be curious to see how popular BOG is during this timeframe and if it forces them to change the menu or add more characters to get people to come.

I would be much more inclined to go there for TS if they went back to a normal menu. We used to love the TS before they changed it, then we switched to QS and loved it...till they changed it. 😒

Glad we were able to have lunch here for a our last two trips. If this change is permanent then we'll only have memories and photos as we will not be returning to BOG.

I really hope it's not permanent. I mean, the layout of the restaurant is set up to accommodate a quick service line, ordering process, beverage stations, etc. They'd have to just leave all that permanently idle, or remodel a whole bunch of it.

I for one have no interest in table service, especially for lunch (too slow) but will gladly pay a premium for the simpler QS lunch.

At least I hope it comes back, because I really want the QS lunch — my ham sandwich with french fries — to return!!!

I thought they had already changed it to you had to order an actual breakfast for everybody?
Actually, I think you’re right. They did change it to prix fixe I think. Never mind!

They never "changed" breakfast to prix fixe; it always was the same price for any entree you ordered. They also never made it mandatory to order an entree for everyone or even order an entree at all. It was like any other QS where you could order as much or as little as you wanted and pay accordingly.

Do people think it’s gonna stay this way permanently? I don’t so much mind it being TS, but I hate it being prix-fixe. For us, it’s too expensive, especially for what you get. I’m also a vegetarian and I haven’t heard good things about their one plant based entree. Usually, I’d just order and appetizer or something off the kids menu, but with prix-fixe it seems insane to pay $62 for that. I just wish they gave an a la carte option as well...

We’re planning on going in December and I was excited bc I love BOG during the holidays, but if it’s still completely prix-fixe, I doubt we’ll go :sad1:

Do people think it’s gonna stay this way permanently? I don’t so much mind it being TS, but I hate it being prix-fixe. For us, it’s too expensive, especially for what you get. I’m also a vegetarian and I haven’t heard good things about their one plant based entree. Usually, I’d just order and appetizer or something off the kids menu, but with prix-fixe it seems insane to pay $62 for that. I just wish they gave an a la carte option as well...

We’re planning on going in December and I was excited bc I love BOG during the holidays, but if it’s still completely prix-fixe, I doubt we’ll go :sad1:
I think it will be permanent, and they'll eventually add a TS breakfast as well. I just don't see them going back to QS if they can get enough people paying $62 for meals. I wouldn't want to pay $62 for a 3 course vegetarian meal either! We eat meat, so we did book BOG as our big meal for DHs birthday, a 2pm lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!