Breakfast ending at Be Our Guest, restaurant to become table service only

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( :( We always go for dinner but the quick service lunch and breakfast were so great! When they first opened I loved that it was a more reasonably priced princess meal for families now it is just getting way to expensive! From a business prospective I get it but it is sad for families who save for years to get one chance to visit WDW.

If you are not happy with the discontinuation of quick service breakfast or lunch, please write Disney and politely let them know via their guest.services email account or other means.

I'm not fully convinced that it's gone forever, but it would be good for them to hear, in writing, that people miss the quick service options.

Given the capacity limits on restaurants right now I can see how table service might provide more revenue, but long-term the relatively high BOG QS prices, quicker turnover, staffing needs, and seating density for quick service might make QS just as (more?) profitable.

the relatively high BOG QS prices, quicker turnover, staffing needs, and seating density for quick service might make QS just as (more?) profitable.

The problem with the QS meals at BOG was that people would make a reservation because they wanted to see the castle, and would just order a cupcake. Especially at breakfast, people got PPO reservations so they could be at the front of the line for Mine Train, and just order a coffee. They must be making a lot more money with a mandatory $62 per adult.

Last time I ate here it sucked. I’m am for one glad it’s not QS anymore so we can try it again.

I noticed they no longer have those amazing cupcakes on the menu any longer. Now it is a dessert trio. When we went in 2013, they had these amazing chocolate and also a strawberry cupcake which were so good and yummy. Seems like a major downgrade in dessert options.

I guess I'm in the minority because I am happy about this change. I've always liked BOG for dinner but have never been there for lunch because I like a nice, relaxing TS meal for lunch in the middle of a park day, and QS would feel weird to me in such a well-appointed place, kind of like having QS in CRT. For me, increasing the daily number of still hard-to-get opportunities for a TS meal at BOG is a good thing.
Agree! We had the fixed price lunch this week and LOVED it. Very relaxed.

At $62 a person it had better been good! We enjoyed many delicious lunches (yummy braised pork @ approx $15) there when they first opened, but will never pay the outrageous price now. We were very relaxed and enjoyed those meals also.

We didn’t like the QS much. Too much like a loud cafeteria. Oh well.

We had lunch there a couple of days ago ONLY because my youngest had not been there EVER (first trip in 2012 for her and has not been back but we go twice a year). VERY underwhelming. the desserts were not cool enough- like they had been sitting out. The filet was very good though. The beast didn’t even com into the west wing but stood in the doorway and bowed.

we went in December 2018 and the food was okay-the desserts were better. Idk what changed?.

i will say that the noise level was better with the table spacing. previously, even at dinner it was so loud - like a cafeteria. But you can’t beat PPO BREAKFAST!

As to that, i read somewhere- probably here that people would go in and order a cupcake just to get in early or even just order dessert at dinner to meet the beast. That is probably why the change. If they bring back breakfast it will probably be prix fix also.

We had the fixed price lunch (or was it dinner) this week and it was excellent. We really enjoyed our meal. The Beast walked through the room about three or four times while we were dining. I just wish they would get rid of the Light Minute Maid Lemonade and replace it with the regular version. I don't do diet drinks because of the off taste and can't have caffeine. I don't like Sprite and Barqs might be caffeinated or not.

We’ve never done dinner here because it’s always been Cost prohibitive with such a big family. It’s just me and my two 11year-olds going in November and I snagged a 7:55 PM so that we’d have a cool experience of being in a park after closing when dinner was over. Though, are my children required to pay the $67 adult menu? They would prefer some thing from the children’s menu and neither one of them eats hardly anything. Just curious how that works. Thank you.

We’ve never done dinner here because it’s always been Cost prohibitive with such a big family. It’s just me and my two 11year-olds going in November and I snagged a 7:55 PM so that we’d have a cool experience of being in a park after closing when dinner was over. Though, are my children required to pay the $67 adult menu? They would prefer some thing from the children’s menu and neither one of them eats hardly anything. Just curious how that works. Thank you.

11 year olds would be paying the adult price.

Sad to see this. We really enjoyed the breakfast. We were "family of the day" last time we went (we were the first to check into the line). They put little Mickey confetti on the table, brought us our drinks. It was kinds special DD even put some th the Mickey heads in her purse to remind her of the special breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!