Breakfast restaurant suggestions

cheryl.UK

DIS Veteran
Hello all,

Since our very first trip in 1995, we have always had breakfast on the first day at Perkins at the Crossroads. Sadly Perkins is no more so I'm looking for other suggestions of Off site breakfast stops in the Lake Buena Vista area.

There is a Denny's a the top of Palm parkway on the 535, and opposite is an ihop. We personally don't like the ihop, it never seems very clean. We've tried it a couple of times now, and I always feel like I need a shower when I walk out lol!. There is also a burger king just along from Denny's, not sure if they offer a quick service type breakfast. There is a new Starbucks on Palm Parkway opposite the Hyatt, and a Dunkin Donuts if you turn right at the top of Palm if you want a quick grab and go breakfast.
Although a few mins ride in a car / uber, we love Cracker Barrell.
I always love having a wander around the area on google maps street view in case anything new has popped up since our last visit. We've stayed at the Clarion (now the rosen LBV), Crown plaza and Hyatt, and are staying at the Hyatt again in August so know the Palm Parkway area pretty well.

I'm looking for other suggestions of Off site breakfast stops in the Lake Buena Vista area.
Probably a question worth asking in the non-UK specific sections of the forum - but having had a look I can't see an obvious place.
Though you are looking offsite the Disney Restaurants section might be the closest i-dunno-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Another vote for Dennys from me. Last trip because we had club level at the Poly, we just ate on-site for breakfast. But we really missed our Dennys breakfasts, so this time will be going off-site a fair few times to eat breakfast at Dennys. Their grand slam breakfasts are great.

Another vote for Dennys from me. Last trip because we had club level at the Poly, we just ate on-site for breakfast. But we really missed our Dennys breakfasts, so this time will be going off-site a fair few times to eat breakfast at Dennys. Their grand slam breakfasts are great.
And you can have breakfast any time of the day :D

Hi all,

Thank you for the suggestions. I think we might try Denny's. We've not been before but I've seen it in passing. I might try Cracker Barrel too if I can work out where it is.

I love Denny's too. Although I've never been there when on-site at WDW nor my solo trips to Anaheim, I just want to get into the parks asap! It's mostly when I've been with others and staying off-site. I did so want to go to the Denny's outisde Disneyland's entrance but it was just too tempting to grab the quick motel breakfast and go straight to the park, and jsut never found the time to take a break for lunch there or something.

Hi all,

Thank you for the suggestions. I think we might try Denny's. We've not been before but I've seen it in passing. I might try Cracker Barrel too if I can work out wh
We usually go to a Cracker Barrell on the 192. Have a look on Google maps and you'll soon get your bearings :)

My wife love Denny's. IHOP seems v poor quality (but then so does Denny's in places)

Get 'down and dirty' and head to the Waffle House, the breakfast hashbrown bowls are amazing!!

DISCLAIMER: if you feel like you need a shower after leaving IHOP, you'll be wanting a bath in Dettol after Waffle House. Haha.

My Orlando friends call it (in an american drawl accent) Awful House.

Great food tho, definitely has to be experienced once.

Get 'down and dirty' and head to the Waffle House, the breakfast hashbrown bowls are amazing!!

DISCLAIMER: if you feel like you need a shower after leaving IHOP, you'll be wanting a bath in Dettol after Waffle House. Haha.

My Orlando friends call it (in an american drawl accent) Awful House.

Great food tho, definitely has to be experienced once.
Lol, never had the pleasure of visiting a Waffle House. Think I'll pass!

Cracker Barrel has a great breakfast. I'm giving my opinion as an American. I've eaten at all the places listed in this thread, and Cracker Barrel is better than Perkins was or Denny's is. It's a nicer experience than Waffle House. I don't like iHop either. I feel the same about the cleanliness, and that doesn't seem to matter what state you try it in!

It's a fun place as well. You can buy old fashioned candy there also. Here's the menu if you'd like to take a look.

http://m.employees.crackerbarrel.com/menu/breakfast

Cracker Barrel has a great breakfast. I'm giving my opinion as an American. I've eaten at all the places listed in this thread, and Cracker Barrel is better than Perkins was or Denny's is. It's a nicer experience than Waffle House. I don't like iHop either. I feel the same about the cleanliness, and that doesn't seem to matter what state you try it in!

It's a fun place as well. You can buy old fashioned candy there also. Here's the menu if you'd like to take a look.

http://m.employees.crackerbarrel.com/menu/breakfast
I love looking around the store, and DH always buys a few bags of coffee to bring home too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter