Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Sorry if I missed it, but does the mandate have an end date on it or is this being required indefinitely for flights arriving from these states? I thought I saw a June 1st end date somewhere, but can't find it again.

I have not seen an end date. It’s not in the actual order anywhere.

It sounds to me like the Governor is taking this action to encourage the President to take broader domestic travel restrictions.

Doubtful and its more likely just to absolve him so he can point at his next election to "I put in a quarantine".

Every flight landing from NY probably has at least 10+ people who will be breaking the quarantine order. When I start seeing arrests and fines is when I will believe it actually means something.

In California I think I have heard of a couple people disobeying shelter in place and getting a fine? With that order its easier to spot someone likely disobeying. There is no chance of spotting who just flew in from NY yesterday unless they say it

Sorry if I missed it, but does the mandate have an end date on it or is this being required indefinitely for flights arriving from these states? I thought I saw a June 1st end date somewhere, but can't find it again.
It expires when the declaration of a statewide emergency expires.

Here's the full order:

Attachments

• 453021505-Gov-Ron-DeSantis-Executive-Order-20-80 (1).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Why don't they just ban incoming flights from NY? Obviously anyone on the plane was in NY even if just in one of the airports.

Right about now, the snowbirds are usually planning their trips back north. My inlaws are planning on 1 flying and the other driving. They also are pushing my husband to fly down to drive back with the one that is and always has refused to fly. They don't own a place in FL they rented a condo. I made a few suggestions for them. 1. Talk to the landlord about extending the stay 2. Stay with the grandson who lives in the next town over. Nephew/grandson has a 4 bed 2 bath place. He has a wife and 2 kids. Both of these ideas are just until it's safe again.
I would refuse to help. I've been driving my elderly father to dialysis 3x a week (he lives in a residential care facility) and my husband has asked to start having some sort of car service take him because he's concerned about the risk to us. We love my father but doing this puts our kids and I at risk as well as my husband who is the family's primary earner. His salary pays for the homes where my parents live too.

Right about now, the snowbirds are usually planning their trips back north. My inlaws are planning on 1 flying and the other driving. They also are pushing my husband to fly down to drive back with the one that is and always has refused to fly.
Um, no. Your vacation, your travel preferences/requirements...YOUR problem.

Don't like to fly? That's perfectly understandable. Take a train. Or, if you have a car with you, take the Auto Train.

Or -- and this might be a bit radical -- if one of you doesn't like to/can't fly, have the other one drive with you.

Constitutional right to travel. Gone.
Second Amendment. Gone.
Fourth Amendment. Gone.
First Amendment. Going,

Next up. We’ll have to quarter national guard Troops And adios Third.

I just read in snother country police are going door to door breaking up gatherings

Doubtful and its more likely just to absolve him so he can point at his next election to "I put in a quarantine".

Every flight landing from NY probably has at least 10+ people who will be breaking the quarantine order. When I start seeing arrests and fines is when I will believe it actually means something.

In California I think I have heard of a couple people disobeying shelter in place and getting a fine? With that order its easier to spot someone likely disobeying. There is no chance of spotting who just flew in from NY yesterday unless they say it

I read that the planes coming in to MCO will and in the international gates and be met by teams to be checked and given information as well as share where they are going to quarantin.

How it plays out I don’t know, but that is what is being reported for that airport, I do think that just the order is enough to stop many people from going.

I'm sure Delta is going to be selling plenty of airline tickets to people from the Tri-State area who will connect in Atlanta to avoid the gestapo stopping them asking for papers once they arrive in Florida.

No, but maybe they have to report when they have flights that have NY passengers.

The point was it’s disappointing that people would feel the need to find a work around from this.

But how do they know where you live? The airlines don't require you to enter a home address when you are booking airline tickets.

But how do they know where you live? The airlines don't require you to enter a home address when you are booking airline tickets.

They know if you flew from NY to Atlanta to connect to FL. So, if a flight had a passenger whose flight originated in NY would be subject to the rule, regardless of home address.

I am not saying that the airlines have been asked to do that, but anyone who books a ticket that stsrts in NY is something airlines know. When you have a connecting flight, they know which flight you are coming from.

They know if you flew from NY to Atlanta to connect to FL. So, if a flight had a passenger whose flight originated in NY would be subject to the rule, regardless of home address.

I am not saying that the airlines have been asked to do that, but anyone who books a ticket that stsrts in NY is something airlines know. When you have a connecting flight, they know which flight you are coming from.

There's still ways around this (please don't try this at home).

1) Fly into South Georgia (probably Savannah) and drive into Florida.
2) Fly into Atlanta on one airline. Stay a day in Atlanta, then fly into Florida the next day.
3) Fly out of Philadelphia (or Boston, or Providence...or Pittsburgh or Cleveland if you live in Buffalo).

3) Fly out of Philadelphia (or Boston, or Providence...or Pittsburgh or Cleveland if you live in Buffalo).
I wouldn't come to either Philly or Pittsburgh because those areas are some of the hot spots of the virus in our state, and where most of our deaths are.

Why are we even looking for ways around this? A disclaimer of "please don't try this at home" doesn't change the fact that you are giving people ideas on how to work around this.

Why doesn't Florida just ban flights from everywhere?
I don't know if Florida can actually ban flights. The FAA is a Federal agency. I believe all Florida can do is control what happens to the flights (people) when they get into the state.

They should include flights from PA, where I live. We currently have more cases than CT, yet we're not on the list of flights that get a 14 day quarantine when arriving to FL.

I posted somewhere here about how bad the issue is with people who are coming here from NYC and how PA is trying to get the transportation companies to stop. Thankfully one bus company is temporarily stopping rides to and from NYC. However, when watching local news last night they interviewed people as they were arriving on those buses from NYC (where a lot of them work) and told the people of the how the White House and Governor wants people coming from hot spots, like NYC to self quarantine for 14 days. They said they will not isolate themselves, and will continue to go into the city every day to work, but they will drive now. It's beyond frustrating.

I'm getting really tired of seeing posts about a person's right to travel. This has nothing to do with your right to travel, it has to do with the fact that people are not taking their personal responsibility to help control this virus. What choice do the rest of us have, who are doing everything we can to protect our families, when others refuse to do their part and putting us in danger? Everyone is all for a travel ban for China when they had the worst of it, because they saw the threat. But turn that to our own country, as it is now, and suddenly their rights are being infringed upon. That's a double standard. We're not talking about a long term domestic travel ban, but at least a two week one would be extremely helpful.

I don't know if Florida can actually ban flights. The FAA is a Federal agency. I believe all Florida can do is control what happens to the flights (people) when they get into the state.
Good point. I hadn't thought of it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter