Breaking news-Travelers flying from New York to Florida will be placed under 14-day quarantine,

Now, they’re stopping vehicles coming from New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. As well as Louisiana.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...yc-louisiana-self-quarantine-60-days-jail.amp
One loophole. It doesn’t appear they’re stopping traffic on I-75. Even though, Albany GA is a hotspot for its size.

I have a question... is Florida stopping their own people from leaving the state? It is that time of year when snowbirds start returning home.
What is to stop someone possibly carrying the infection from FL back to their home in the cooler climates?

I have a question... is Florida stopping their own people from leaving the state? It is that time of year when snowbirds start returning home.
What is to stop someone possibly carrying the infection from FL back to their home in the cooler climates?
No we're not stopping anyone from leaving.

To add...it's up to the individual states to institute a quarantine on people coming in from out of state. I know Rhode Island, Alaska, Hawaii and South Carolina has instituted mandatory quarantines on some or all out-of-state travelers. I might have missed a few states.

Hopefully, in the worst case scenario, they can make exceptions for those living on the borders of states for work. We live on the Kentucky side of the Ohio/Kentucky border. My husband is a repair technician who works on both sides of the border. He is deemed essential.

This might sound stupid but what about those of us "New Yorkers" (upstate) who have adhered to the stay at home order, social distancing and have not traveled to the hot-zone: NYC area. I don't see anyone would want to go to Florida with these restrictions in place unless they are Florida residents. If the actual COVID-19 positive case drops as the result of this blockage, great....if not, you better find another State or city to blame soon.

Just chatted with Jetblue and got a confirmation that the entire states of NY, NJ and Connecticut are included in this 14-day mandatory quarantine order.

We will not go to WDW think till 2022 .... maybe then we can drive from NY

Saw an interesting statistic today that may help understand these kinds of restrictions.

As of yesterday, our county has tested 17,000 people with a positive rate of 17.7%

However, out-of-state tests were 40 positive out of 111 = 36%.

Yes, that is a small sample, but it's been consistent since the start and it's also consistent with other South Florida counties. Broward County was 38/130 = 29.3%. Palm Beach has a much smaller sample size but was 30/49 = 63%!

The tri-county total was 128/290 = 37.2%

These flight restrictions still appear to be in place. I live in Massachusetts and am supposed to be going to WDW at the end of July, but my flight is from CT. If the restrictions are still in place when I leave does that mean that just because the flight is coming from CT I’m supposed to quarantine for 14 days when I get to FL?

These flight restrictions still appear to be in place. I live in Massachusetts and am supposed to be going to WDW at the end of July, but my flight is from CT. If the restrictions are still in place when I leave does that mean that just because the flight is coming from CT I’m supposed to quarantine for 14 days when I get to FL?

This is an old post. The tri-state quarantine order is set to expire on July 7 (8?) and so far we haven't heard anything that suggests it may be extended. Our numbers have gone considerably down since that order took effect so I don't see why it would be. You should be fine for your trip.

This is an old post. The tri-state quarantine order is set to expire on July 7 (8?) and so far we haven't heard anything that suggests it may be extended. Our numbers have gone considerably down since that order took effect so I don't see why it would be. You should be fine for your trip.
Yes, hopefully the restriction will be cancelled by then. 😊

I am in a similar boat but we are going down on 7/6 flying from BDL. I called and talked to DVC member services all they could reiterate was from the executive order that states people traveling from CT, NY and NJ must quarantine. It sounds like we would not be allowed on WDW property. I didn't think it would go by your traveling city as much as your state of residence. So because i spend 2 hours in a hartford CT airport I have to quarantine? Totally doesn't make sense. Because someone from CT could travel out of RI and be fine. So I am looking at changing our flights to leave from Providence RI instead. Crazy because the CT airport is 20 minutes away from me.

I am in a similar boat but we are going down on 7/6 flying from BDL. I called and talked to DVC member services all they could reiterate was from the executive order that states people traveling from CT, NY and NJ must quarantine. It sounds like we would not be allowed on WDW property. I didn't think it would go by your traveling city as much as your state of residence. So because i spend 2 hours in a hartford CT airport I have to quarantine? Totally doesn't make sense. Because someone from CT could travel out of RI and be fine. So I am looking at changing our flights to leave from Providence RI instead. Crazy because the CT airport is 20 minutes away from me.
The I-10 checkpoint has been cancelled. The I-95 is still operating, however according to FDOT said "it is for data gathering reasons" Not sure what that means. I have a small need to cross into Georgia from Jacksonville but since I don't want to take a chance of getting stuck in a traffic jam getting back to Jacksonville, I have been delaying the trip.

It won't allow me to quote the post as the thread is closed, but there's some useful information by @yulilin3:
"Hi, you've got the answers already but I will give you a breakdown, I worked at the airport with the Fl health dept doing these screenings, if they are in fact still in effect when you come this is what will happen:
you get a questionnaire on the plane and fill it out before you leave the plane. You fill out your name, address, flight number, if you are here on business or pleasure or you live here. If you are visiting you need to give your flight number for your return trip, if you don't have that just leave it blank. Then you must provide an address and phone number for where you will be staying. Then you sign and date
National guard will check your details and then another person gives you a paper reminding you of symptoms to look for and telling you, you must self isolate for the next 14 days, they tell you to go straight from the airport to wherever you are staying
Someone will call you several times during the 2 weeks to check up on you
If you are due to leave before the 14 days, that's fine
NOW
this is on a "trust" system. The state of Fl is trusting everyone will self isolate. If you are caught not self isolating there is a fine, but they really can't track you other than the phone call
I agree that this will probably lift before parks open "

https://www.disboards.com/threads/florida-14-day-quarantine.3801777/#post-61885556

The I-10 checkpoint has been cancelled. The I-95 is still operating, however according to FDOT said "it is for data gathering reasons" Not sure what that means. I have a small need to cross into Georgia from Jacksonville but since I don't want to take a chance of getting stuck in a traffic jam getting back to Jacksonville, I have been delaying the trip.
I was on I-95 earlier this week crossing into GA and back. Never got stopped and didn't see any sign of a checkpoint. Traffic was smooth both ways.

We had friends over for the first time in ages yesterday. Topic of travel came up when one friend mentioned her sister had recently returned from a visit to family in FL. We’re in NY. We just purchased air tickets to FL for December, and in the back of my mind I remembered the 14-day quarantine so I asked about it. She said the sister had no issue at all with travel and had no 14-day quarantine, no mention of a questionnaire. I’m going to ask.

this is on a "trust" system. The state of Fl is trusting everyone will self isolate. If you are caught not self isolating there is a fine, but they really can't track you other than the phone call
I agree that this will probably lift before parks open "
The problem that can be faced is with what WDW will allow. You might be able to fly to FL, disembark the plane but could you be faced with magical express saying that you can’t board the bus because you traveled through a state that has a quarantine restriction?

Please forgive me if this has been asked.

Someone in our party lives in Connecticut, which is included in this order. If she flies in from CT, she will have to quarantine for 14 days? Correct?

What if she flies in from Massachusetts? Would she still have to?

Right now her flight is out of Connecticut.

Thank you so much!

I'm from upstate NY and following this issue as well. Some thoughts/questions:
  • I understand that stopping incoming visitors along the highways and arriving flights to inform of the travel restrictions has lessened and/or been eliminated. But with the new statement from Disney, I am concerned that they will look at ID upon arrival (or have us flagged from address info in MDE) and refuse check-in. Yikes.
  • Has anyone from NY/CT/NJ planning to stay on DVC points called to ask whether they will waive cancellation penalties if within (is it 60 days? 30 days? I should really know this!)?
  • Some folks have commented that these travel restrictions expire July 7 unless extended. I thought I had read that the initial restrictions were extended by a second EO which did NOT indicate an expiration date. Anyone know for sure what is accurate? I haven't tried to look it up myself....
  • Is it correct that these travel restrictions are lifted when the state moves to Phase 2 of reopening? If so, does the whole state need to be at Phase 2, or will they go by region (all regions of NY will be at Phase 2 this week except for immediate NYC area).
Likely we are all asking these questions but putting them out there in case anyone knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!