bridge GF to MK

If I had a dollar for every time someone had solemnly explained to me over the years why the GF-MK walkway was impossible, I would have made almost enough money for a 1-day stroller rental. If I had to make a bet, I would say that the full loop will come before my VGF points expire.
I would love a loop!

Haven't seen much on this lately. Is it at a pause while other things are going on? Any evidence of the other bridge at the GF getting under way?
There has been no evidence of the second bridge beginning. Work is continuing on the swing bridge.

Not silly. For many, the main draw of the Contemporary/BLT is the fact that you can walk to MK. Now that will be a draw for GF too; a slightly longer walk, but more pleasant and scenic.

That is the main reason we chose The Comtemporary last trip. Turned out, we loved the hotel and already booked our 2020 stay there. GF was on the radar but we weren’t sure the walkway would be finished by then. It is so nice t walk back to the hotel after the fireworks!

certainly agree that the walking proximity is a huge plus. Stayed at the swolphin once, and a hotel walking distance from Disneyland. It's a huge bonus to be so close to your bed. In most cases where you are using a bus, between the walk to the bus stop and resort bus stop to your bed, you end up walking further on top of waiting for a bus.

Another website posted a pictorial update to the path. Not sure if that is the website we aren't suppose to link or not, so I've skipped the link. Looks like walls going up at GF to start that end of the project. One curious element that showed up from pictures from the monorail is a steel I beam looking frame, straddling the road that runs parrallel to the barge canal. Wondering what mysterious purpose it serves? I suppose it could be as easy as, if the vehicle can fit under this, then it can fit under the monorail beam, but seems a bit too short.

Another website posted a pictorial update to the path. Not sure if that is the website we aren't suppose to link or not, so I've skipped the link. Looks like walls going up at GF to start that end of the project. One curious element that showed up from pictures from the monorail is a steel I beam looking frame, straddling the road that runs parrallel to the barge canal. Wondering what mysterious purpose it serves? I suppose it could be as easy as, if the vehicle can fit under this, then it can fit under the monorail beam, but seems a bit too short.
You are correct. It is so large vehicles don't hit the underside of the monorail.

Ah nice to see the work beginning on the GF side of things. Crossing my fingers this is done for our September stay.

So, a horrible thought, triggered by a post on another board....

This lovely pathway will be LONG, mostly straight.
What's the top end speed of a Mobility Scooter? :).

Perhaps the "walkway" will require little speed bumps? :).
giphy (1).gif

Just watched Two Towers last night oddly enough.

Certainly think Disney would be leaving money on the table if they didn't offer VIP carriage rides from GF to MK.
Heck I could see them running a golf cart back and forth for an upcharge.

Or those central park "green" pedicabs.

Path just looks to narrow.

Pictures I saw today of the bridge with workers near by show that the bridge is pretty darn wide. Certainly wide enough for any of the options mentioned above.

Universal run pedicabs between their hotels and the City Walk hub. Those paths are narrower than the ones in the pictures I see for the path between GF and MK

Perfect opportunity for an upsell: includes a glass of champagne and themed cupcake for your ride back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter