bridge GF to MK

I always wonder why they don’t offer some sort of ‘buggy’ ride from the boardwalk to HS. They rent those surrey bikes on the boardwalk. Wish someone would offer to have us hop on for a small fee!

As long as we can walk for free, go for it, Disney.

I wonder what the odds of a crack of dawn wedding carriage ride to the castle for photos are? That's gotta be five grand right there.

As long as we can walk for free, go for it, Disney.

I wonder what the odds of a crack of dawn wedding carriage ride to the castle for photos are? That's gotta be five grand right there.
$10k minimum, you need to have a ticket for all the people and all the horses to enter the park.

Wonder why they made it so uneven in places. Must be a temporary thing.

View attachment 512421

We were discussing this over at WDWMagic. That is definitely not the walkway, you can see the walkway in the background, this is closer to the monorail. It might have something to do with the emergency exit that was recently added to the monorail platform. It definitely looks temporary since it's just sitting on wooden beams.

We were discussing this over at WDWMagic. That is definitely not the walkway, you can see the walkway in the background, this is closer to the monorail. It might have something to do with the emergency exit that was recently added to the monorail platform. It definitely looks temporary since it's just sitting on wooden beams.
Yea they are definitely using the beams to just keep them off the ground. However I think they will be part of the walkway. I think they are going use them "bridge" a low level portion of ground that they need to keep "open" for drainage purposes.

The next step would be to install the support posts/footings.

Last edited:
Wonder why they made it so uneven in places. Must be a temporary thing.

View attachment 512421

To meet ADA requirements, a ramp can only go a certain distance and then it needs a level section to allow resting points along the way. But these landing spaces look too narrow for that requirement - I think the minimum is 5' for the landings, so unless there's some weird forced perspective going on, these aren't wide enough, so I agree that this is probably temporary just for construction. It's still important to allow a level spot to pause occasionally while going up such a long incline, especially if you're carrying or pulling something.

When you say, "uneven", do you mean the rise of the sidewalk?

I see the temporary construction black plastic sheets may be because of rain drainage protection.

Yes, as others mentioned it appears to be an exit from the main walkway.

If you zoom in it appears to go up and down in that one area. Could be that rise and fall needed as mentioned, like an occasional level resting area.

Just looked at bit odd to me.

Hi, jade1.

I see that better after enlarging the photo and reading the other comments.

It looks a bit odd to me, too.

The GF looks a lot further away to me in the photo, too.

If you zoom in it appears to go up and down in that one area. Could be that rise and fall needed as mentioned, like an occasional level resting area.

The longer sections are angled down away from the monorail, but the shorter sections are level, they don't go back up. It's a little easier to see in the other photo of it in the linked article, but the short parts are definitely flat levels, not a bump back up.

If you could actually make a full loop around the lake, I'm sure plenty of runners would use it. I think there are more than enough people that would use it to get to GF at the end of the day when the monorail is backed up. It's a beautiful walk on that side, much better than the walk from the Contemporary. I don't know how to determine how many people using it makes it "worth" building, but I think it would have gotten plenty of use over the years. Especially if they could somehow connect the Contemporary to the Poly to complete the loop.
That actually seems like a no brainer. Like a greenway with interesting milestones along the way and could be used for exercise or going to and from. Anything to lighten the load would seem welcomed and a path is about as cheap as it comes.

To meet ADA requirements, a ramp can only go a certain distance and then it needs a level section to allow resting points along the way. But these landing spaces look too narrow for that requirement - I think the minimum is 5' for the landings, so unless there's some weird forced perspective going on, these aren't wide enough, so I agree that this is probably temporary just for construction. It's still important to allow a level spot to pause occasionally while going up such a long incline, especially if you're carrying or pulling something.
.That's sort of true. If the slope of the ramp is <5% (1 in 20) the level resting areas are not required. They built a new ramp to access the walkway across the Ohio River here in Louisville a few years ago and I questioned why didn't have the required resting locations. I did a lot of stirring a pot in the final answer was but I stated above. I even requested a set of drawings to prove they had designed it correctly. The total rise of the ramp is about 45' yet it doesn't have any resting locations. Unfortunately, it does meet the ADA requirements. I'd certainly hate to be in a manual wheelchair and tragic opera down that ramp!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter