Bring your own DVD Player?

cruisedad

Experienced Mouse
:confused3 I heard that studio size rooms at SSR do not have DVD players in the room. Has anyone brought thier own DVD player and hook it up into the room tv. Is the tv in the room set up so you can hook a DVD to it?:happytv:

We have done it with our lap top(which DH brings for work anyway)...but you have to remember to bring the cables. I also thought they were phasing in DVD players into the stuidos...I know we had one at BCV the last time we were there in March.

We stayed in a studio for a few days last week and did that with the laptop too.

We've brought our PS2 which also plays DVDs and used it in the studio. I remember seeing on these boards that they were adding DVD players to studios but don't remember which resorts. It would be nice if they would do so...not to mention the second bedroom in the 2BR villa. :)

I was at Saratoga Springs last week in a studio in the Carousal section that did, indeed, have a DVD player. :thumbsup2

We use our PS2 also.

The studios with DVD players are hit and miss. I was in a studio last October that had a DVD but in December we had a studio at BCV without one.

They are supposed to be phased in, but I know that with our Dec BCv studio, the remote did not have the right AV switch for a DVD player to work. Many of DVC's older tv remotes have been replaced with universal remotes and they dont work with the new DVD players, so what was a simple add will most likely require new T.V's in most units.

It sounds like the newer units at SSR are getting them:banana:

We were in Congress Park Studio a few weeks ago and it did not have a DVD player.

The plugs were in the front of the TV so you can plug a dvd player in it very easily.

just back May 4th from SSR grand stand and our studio had a DVD:thumbsup2

We usually have at least one laptop (if not more, lol!) with us, so we will use that for DVD's if our studio doesn't have one installed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter