Brooklyn

Rockbro

DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, I finally convinced my wife to put my little girl down (cancer). She's the one with the yellow ball. Everyone knows when you put something on the internet, it stays there forever. So, this is my way of memorializing her since I can't be there to say goodbye. It's happening tomorrow at 9 AM. I can at least take solace in the fact that I shipped her favorite ball to her and she had 2 more days with it.

I hope there is a heaven and that dogs go to it.

:( Sorry you have to put down your furbaby. But as pet parents, we all know what is the right thing to do when the time has coe. . There is a place called the Rainbow Bridge, that's where all of our pets go when they pass. She will have plenty of company there to guide her, and she won't be in pain anymore! Letting go is hard, memories will sustain you as time goes by. I hope reading this poem will help you at least a little.

The Rainbows Bridge Poem

RainbowBridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Aww your dogs are beautiful, sad this is happening. I am completely convinced there are pets in heaven, otherwise it wouldn't be heaven. If animals can do no wrong then there is no reason to leave them out, that's my point of view and I'm sticking to it, there is a menagerie waiting for me.

I have known your pain. My bookcase of little urns is getting full.
My griffon Nicky was diagnosed with cancer at the same time I was diagnosed with breast cancer. We fought the demon together. Putting him down was so painful.
I know for sure that Heaven is real and I believe that our pets will be there.
Rest in the knowledge that you did the most loving thing you could for Brooklyn.

So, it's 12 hours away. Please don't respond to this thread. I've never cried like this before over a dog. I'm supposed the to be the strong one. When she is gone, I'll let you know.

One day, we had a birthday party for my wife. She hated that neighbors were jumping in the pool. I'd have to carry her out because of her hurt paws so she she could go do stuff.
I don't know why I get rescue dogs.

Goodbye and Goodnight Brooksy

Beautiful little Brooklyn there, Rock.

And as to your hopes, there is, for sure, for real.....

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge, together....
Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

One day, we had a birthday party for my wife. She hated that neighbors were jumping in the pool. I'd have to carry her out because of her hurt paws so she she could go do stuff.
I don't know why I get rescue dogs.

Goodbye and Goodnight Brooksy

Beautiful little Brooklyn there, Rock.

And as to your hopes, there is, for sure, for real.....

rbowx.gif
Rainbow Bridge
rbowx.gif

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.

Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge, together....
Author unknown...

www.petloss.com

www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

I'm probably never going to have kids... she was my baby. She had the most beautiful eyes and loving personality.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating stufff.

I need to edit this. It helps write.

We drove to New Hampshire to foster a dog. My little girl hated me but came to love me. I think I wrote all of this, so I won't continue. But, she has the most beautiful eyes you will ever see. Her breath smells as sweet as flowers. There are so many good things I could say about her.

Last edited:
I don't know why I said "please don't respond to this thread." Sorry.

She's just making way for another rescue who needs help. But, I don't know if I can do it again.

And yeah, that is such a cop out and an attempt to rationalize and make things better on my end. Cowardly.

Last edited:
Every place in the house belonged to her. She would sleep on chairs, the couch, beds, a trampoline. And you could never gets mad at her. The only thing she didn't like was other men, which I think I'm glad about. My wife always called her my girlfriend.

View attachment 534901

Hey everyone, I finally convinced my wife to put my little girl down (cancer). She's the one with the yellow ball. Everyone knows when you put something on the internet, it stays there forever. So, this is my way of memorializing her since I can't be there to say goodbye. It's happening tomorrow at 9 AM. I can at least take solace in the fact that I shipped her favorite ball to her and she had 2 more days with it.

If it's not too late, have your wife bring the other dog to the vets. Dogs can underdstand death, but don't understand when a friend just goes away. We brought Lacey when we put Ollie down. She watched him take his last breaths and sniffed him a bit after. We definitely think she knew.

So very sorry for your loss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter