Brooklyn

So very very sorry for your loss. Such a hard thing to do when we had to with ours but you don't want them to suffer. Our dogs are loved just as much as any family member and looks like yours was too. God bless :flower3:

We gave her a good life. She had a family that gave her up, and she was 30 minutes away from being put down at a shelter. Then another family adopted her, but they gave her up. We ended the last half of her life the way she deserved it.

Aww. I didn’t see all this last night, but if I had, I would’ve posted this, to help ease your feelings. It helped me at least twice during those difficult days before putting my beloved pet to sleep. Those days are the worst. But please know that so many of us her share your sorrow. :hug:

From petloss,com

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.

But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.

So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.

The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.

That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.

Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.

You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.

So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.

Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.

And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.

I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

In Memory of Asta, Feb. 1997
(c) Karen Clouston

Hardest day of my life was putting my baby girl down. Rotties are prone to cancer and it stinks! She was a rescue from a shelter and we gave her a great life, so I understand.

I need to get the hell out of this house for one night. I have Yacht Club booked for Halloween. I'm going to leave my lobster pot full of candy in my home driveway and just sit and watch tv in the room. I think Storm is open now.

How’s your wife Rockbro?
losing a pet is so difficult-

She's a mess. Even though we're both going through the same thing, I'm spending hours on the phone with her talking her down. I guess that's what comes with the territory of being a guy.

I'm hurting, but something good did come out of this. She admitted that she did the wrong thing by leaving with the dogs while I was asleep. Even if she doesn't come back home, she seems to have matured and I'm glad for her.

On the other hand, my dog Rocky is apparently very depressed. According to wife, he was lying in a corner and she laid down with him and he got up and went somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter