Brunch at the Top - Cali Grill *new updates from 12/11/16 on p.6*

We went and had an amazing time. We ended up with an earlier time, 10:05am, and had amazing service and food. The staff remembered us from the night before from the moment we stepped off the elevator. Our view
74969F59-1D6B-44DB-A619-EB3B7659A3EF.jpeg
The Lovely Bloody Mary I enjoyed
EBE3BA6F-429A-4F1C-A8F9-4977CB1AE6C9.jpeg
Off the buffet
F4CCF7B1-4F30-4AB0-9DDA-388BA6A3721E.jpeg
3E8696E7-8544-4DD9-A5DB-26C02CAC0686.jpeg
Off the entree menu
BB919ACE-7DF0-47DF-833A-D373CE3BC4F2.jpeg
CB8F438F-5F56-494C-91D6-EFDEEE7EE62C.jpeg
Dessert, most of which was packed up along with extras of the ones we liked.
8B81AF05-D327-4685-9DEB-282225FA6724.jpeg

This is definitely a morning we enjoyed and something I would do again. This was my first trip to WDW and the service we received on our meals at the Cali Grill make it a place I will return to for the memories

I am excited by this news, as I really want to try the lobster eggs benedict AND the carrot cake pancakes. I would LOVE to be able to get a half serving of each!
It's reminiscent of eating on a Disney cruise ship where you can ask for more than one item, as well. We aren't huge eaters, so the amount of food you can get at the brunch can be overwhelming. So, we've learned to pace ourselves a bit. The unlimited mimosas are a great value, too. The bloody marys, such as the one pictured above, are topnotch, especially since you can add to them from a wide variety of items. However, that's an added cost and, at least to me, are more filling than OJ with bubbly. I would recommend that once you're seated, go visit the entire buffet offerings to see just what you have to choose from and upon what to "spend" your calories. pirate:

It's reminiscent of eating on a Disney cruise ship where you can ask for more than one item, as well. We aren't huge eaters, so the amount of food you can get at the brunch can be overwhelming. So, we've learned to pace ourselves a bit. The unlimited mimosas are a great value, too. The bloody marys, such as the one pictured above, are topnotch, especially since you can add to them from a wide variety of items. However, that's an added cost and, at least to me, are more filling than OJ with bubbly. I would recommend that once you're seated, go visit the entire buffet offerings to see just what you have to choose from and upon what to "spend" your calories. pirate:
Good advice, thank you. I have never had a bloody mary, so I am toying with that too! That said, we have dinner booked at Monsieur Paul later in the day, so, I don't want to be too full to cope!

Define lately. We were there in both May and July, and everything people have mentioned about it were in effect both times. The menu will vary a bit (the pancakes were blueberry in May and carrot in July, for example), but otherwise, I suspect the general experience remains the same.

10%. . .HOWEVER, there was a 45th anniversary expanded discount that made it 20%, and I believe that was extended through the end of December.

A question for the gallery; my DD(10) and I will be staying at CR in October '18. This seems like a must-eat stop, especially since we'll be staying in the resort...but is it going to be too much food for my DD? She has moments where she's a pretty healthy eater, and other nights where she might have a couple of slices of pizza and call it a night. It seems like we might end up with a lot that goes to waste, if we make reservations and burn up a pair of dining credits. Thanks, in advance, for any advice anyone has!::MickeyMo

Define lately. We were there in both May and July, and everything people have mentioned about it were in effect both times. The menu will vary a bit (the pancakes were blueberry in May and carrot in July, for example), but otherwise, I suspect the general experience remains the same.
cant waitttttt

A question for the gallery; my DD(10) and I will be staying at CR in October '18. This seems like a must-eat stop, especially since we'll be staying in the resort...but is it going to be too much food for my DD? She has moments where she's a pretty healthy eater, and other nights where she might have a couple of slices of pizza and call it a night. It seems like we might end up with a lot that goes to waste, if we make reservations and burn up a pair of dining credits. Thanks, in advance, for any advice anyone has!::MickeyMo
Hmm, I believe only you can answer this question, and it all depends on your daughter's eating habits that day which none of us can anticipate. The actual question winds up being, "is it worth $160 (before tip) for a meal that your daughter may or may not enjoy?" Only you can answer that. ;)

The actual question winds up being, "is it worth $160 (before tip) for a meal that your daughter may or may not enjoy?" Only you can answer that. ;)

That’s where I’m going. I’m sure ther are some nicer places that we can take in that she still may enjoy, like some of the dinner shows, etc., above just eating in a nice place because of the convenience of where we’re staying. Sometimes I just have to talk those things through. :-) Thank you for the assist! ::MickeyMo

That’s where I’m going. I’m sure ther are some nicer places that we can take in that she still may enjoy, like some of the dinner shows, etc., above just eating in a nice place because of the convenience of where we’re staying. Sometimes I just have to talk those things through. :-) Thank you for the assist! ::MickeyMo
My wife and I do that all the time--talk through a situation since often it takes that verbal approach to sorting it out. I'm sure whichever way you go, she'll enjoy it.

so let me get this right if i want i can order 2 eggs benedict with lobster eat them and order another 2 and then another 2 then order the steak after that?
If I am reading this right WE ARE SO GOING TO EAT HERE......

We went and had an amazing time. We ended up with an earlier time, 10:05am, and had amazing service and food. The staff remembered us from the night before from the moment we stepped off the elevator. Our view
View attachment 277959
The Lovely Bloody Mary I enjoyed
View attachment 277960
Off the buffet
View attachment 277961
View attachment 277962
Off the entree menu
View attachment 277963
View attachment 277964
Dessert, most of which was packed up along with extras of the ones we liked.
View attachment 277965

This is definitely a morning we enjoyed and something I would do again. This was my first trip to WDW and the service we received on our meals at the Cali Grill make it a place I will return to for the memories

Thanks for the update. Great pics! I can't believe it's been a year for us. So glad you enjoyed it too. Makes me want to go back. Love it.

so let me get this right if i want i can order 2 eggs benedict with lobster eat them and order another 2 and then another 2 then order the steak after that?
If I am reading this right WE ARE SO GOING TO EAT HERE......

Haha...that does sound a little excessive. I think we ended up with 8 entrées between the 5 of us. Plus we all got pretty full from the Buffet spread before. We brought an entire nearly untouched entrée back to our room along with pretty much all the desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!